in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Anxiety about meeting others at Cons

So I know I'm a little premature with this but I'm really nervous about going to the Authors After Dark Con in August. I have issues when it comes to meeting people. I tend to be very shy and sometimes it's really hard for me to open up. Also, what if no one likes me. I almost want to pay so my BF can attend everything with me so I have someone to talk to. My BF just keeps telling me not to worry that these are my people, but seriously what if everyone hates me?

2 comments :

  1. Even though I'm not attending a Con this year I hope to do so sometime in the future. I think it's funny I've told my husband the same thing. Can't I just drag you along with me? He knows he's my safety and I'm super uncomfortable in large groups where I don't really know anyone. But I have learned by following authors on the blogs or through twitter and such that they're just like us. Now I'm not saying I won't become a giddy little school girl if ever in the presence of Sylvia Day or a few others, but I'll most likely remember something I've seen them say and try to not squeak when trying to start a conversation with her.

    No one will hate you. They will love you! Watch and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm just really, really shy around others. Once I warm up to others I'm okay but it's the intial meeting of others that worries me. I tend to freeze up and there always seems like there are a lot of ackward silences. I'm trying to get better. We'll see. I'm really excited though.

    ReplyDelete