in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

ARC Review: Her Kilt-Clad Rogue by Julie Moffett

I really enjoyed this story, that is until I got to the last chapter. From there everything just felt so phony and not believable at all. There were many things in this story that I felt didn't really need to be there. Certain story-lines weren't necessarily needed and some that weren't fleshed out enough. I felt as if the author just wanted to add things to make conflict but they weren't all needed.

I really enjoyed the characters of Genevieve and Ewan. I understood where they were coming from and I loved watching their relationship as governess and pupil progress into a much strong bond. We were able to see the growth of both characters especially with Ewan.

As for Connor, I never got a real good sense of his character. I was able to get to know him as much as the others and it was hard to see where he was coming from at times. Instead of learning about his character and his behavior from him, we learn all about him from others. I would have liked to have seen him expressing his thoughts and feelings more.

I do appreciate that the author took the time to explain both Connor and Genevieve's shared past. She explored what had occured between them and I didn't feel lost or confused by it at all. I know that at times with shorter stories or novella's authors sometimes skip over these details in an effort to fit everything in but not the case with this author.

All in all, this was an enjoyable story despite the last chapter. Maybe if the story was a little bit longer the author could have fleshed out everything a bit more and I would have enjoyed it all that much more. Regardless, I still liked it.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

RATING:

Review originally posted at Tigris Eden's Garden of Books

0 comments :

Post a Comment