in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 4, 2011

ARC Review: Avenger's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden

I had such high hopes for this book when I picked it up. Everywhere I turned it seemed to be getting such rave reviews. I'm not sure what book they were reading but it definitely wasn't this book. Don't get me wrong, this book is not in any way horrible, it actually has a lot of potential. I just am at a point that I'm just so frustrated with how things are playing themselves out that I just can't physically pick it up right now. This book actually had me tossing my Kindle onto the table in frustration.

The premise behind this series is really good. I love the idea of four different archangels that have come to earth to find their achess(their soulmate created just for each of them). In fact I loved the first quarter of this story. It's fast paced and action packed. I start to have problems a little before midway and then they just seem to keep piling themselves on one after another. I think there is just too much happening within the book. I'm not sure if it's because this is the first in a new series, but there's just a bit much going on for my tastes.

Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance has all but given up hope of ever finding his archess. His brothers and himself have been looking for 2000 years with no success. So they've all have found ways to acclimate themselves into the new world. One is a Firefighter, another a Police Officer, and one is a Singer in a popular rock band. Uriel has taken it upon himself to become an actor. He has become Christopher Daniels one of the most famous actors in the world. While Uriel is out attending a signing at a bookstore in Texas he comes across a woman healing a small child which he immediately recognizes her as his archess.

Eleanor is "special" and she doesn't know why. For as long as she can remember she has been able to control the weather, use telekinesis and heal others. Her abilities have made her a target and because of them, she has constantly been on the move since she was a kid. So when Christopher Daniels walks in and catches her healing a young girl she doesn't quite know how to react. She isn't sure if he poses a threat or not. When Christopher Daniels decides to ask Eleanore out on a date to a Gala, she isn't sure she should accept. Yes, she is insanely attracted to him, but he's very popular and she can't risk the exposure.

I love the initial chemistry between these two but after awhile it just starts to fizzle. I stop believing in them and I honestly start to not like either of them. Uriel, in the beginning is so charming and lovable. Then certain things happens and he does a complete 180. I don't really understand at all how Eleanore could find herself attracted to him. He becomes possessive and slightly domineering. He isn't concerned with her feelings only making himself feel better. I couldn't even finish reading their love scene because it came off feeling more of a taking rather than a couple loving each other. Eleanore is a virgin and is someone who has never been kissed and to see her first love scene to be so brutal was just heartbreaking. I get that not everyone likes it gentle and slow, but does it really have to be so rough? After seeing Uriel take her with his hands around her throat I was done. I just don't believe it and the love that they both supposedly have for each other. I'm sorry but that's not love.

Again, I really enjoyed the premise of this series and I found myself really enjoying all of the other characters. I think I will definitely try another in this series and hope that it's better than this book.

**ARC copy provided by Netgalley**

RATING:
DNF 

0 comments :

Post a Comment