in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 19, 2012

ARC Review: The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen

It's not often when a book can make me cry. To be honest, it usually never happens, but I admit to weeping like a baby on more than one occasion while reading The Rogue Pirate's Bride. Oh my, this book was so good. Full of action, suspense, mystery and some pretty steamy love scenes it had me turning the pages in an attempt to keep up with everything.

I'll admit, this book started off a bit slow for me. Not that the story was slow, it's just that I'm usually not the biggest fan of books with pirates so it took me a few chapters to get into the swing of things. But once I did, I was hooked. The chemistry between Raeven and Bastien is immediate and electric. It literally jumps off the page and smacks you in the face but all in a good way. They are both so right for each other and I loved watching them both match wits with one another.

Raeven is the type of heroine that I love to read about and she captured my attention from the first page. As soon as she came on the scene with her plan to kill Bastien in an attempt to avenge the death of her fiance' I was hooked. She was just so feisty. She takes care of herself and isn't the type of heroine to sit back and let others do everything for her. She wants something, she pretty much grabs it by the balls and goes for it. I loved her tenacity and her spunk. I love that deep down she just wants to love and be loved and she doesn't do anything half way.

Bastien is everything you want to love about an Alpha hero. He's cocky, sexy, witty and intelligent. He fights for what he wants and isn't ashamed of anything. At the same time, Bastien broke my heart. He believes his entire family has died and it's heartbreaking to watch him trying to overcome the guilt he feels about their deaths. He refuses to speak about the event with anyone and when he finally does break down and talks about it, it's heartbreaking. Even though as the reader I know that his family is alive, my heart still weeps for him. It was gut wrenching to read, but it made their reunion all the more sweeter.

I'm sad to say goodbye to the Valere' family. This book just went by so quickly for me and I want more. Why can't there be more? Seriously though, this book along with the others in the Sons of the Revolution trilogy have quickly become some of my favorite reads in a long time. These are books that are definite keepers and I will be re-reading them all in the future. Shana Galen is amazing, and I bow down to her for this amazing series. It's definitely not one to be missed.

**ARC copy provided by Author**

RATING:

5 comments :

  1. Great review--I'm glad you loved the book! It is one of my favorites from Shana.

    Yep, I cried too a few times, and I wish I could kick Raeven out of the way and taken Bastien myself... *sigh* But they are made for each other, so I'll just quietly lust for him instead. :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I am in the middle of it and just can't put it down! Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TBQ-Bastien was great, right? I thought Armand was my favorite but Bastien comes pretty close to topping him. So sexy.

    @Heather-Thanks! I hope you like it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing more and more about this book - going to have to pick it up now! Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review....now just have to get my copy.
    :-)
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete