in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ARC Review: Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer

I really enjoyed this book. I thought that it was a cute read and I really liked the characters. Though while I did enjoy it, the similarities to the actual Brady Bunch show were a bit much at times. Instead of enjoying the nods to the iconic show, I just found it to be too much. Similarities to the show aside, I really liked the characters and the world that the author created. I liked that she took a different approach the both the hero and heroine. Both characters had depth and I liked the chemistry between them.

When Lady Marcia was sixteen she thought herself in love and gave her heart along with her virginity to the man she thought she was to marry, Finn Lattimore. Then just as quickly as she fell in love, Finn was gone. Sent to America by his overbearing older brother Lord Chadwick. Marcia has never gotten over the loss and despite her families wishes that she wed, she has spent her time at a girl's boarding school working as a head mistress. She knows that she can never wed and if anyone were to find out her secret, not only would she be ruined, but so would her family. While out on an errand for the school, Marcia runs into the man who ruined all of her dreams, Duncan Lattimore, Lord Chadwick. Marcia has never been able to forget or forgive Duncan for sending away Finn. It's because of Duncan that she wasn't able to wed Finn and she wants nothing to do with him

Duncan can hardly believe the woman Lady Marcia has turned into. Gone is the overly sweet and happy child he met four years ago. Now before him is a beautifully independent woman and Duncan finds himself fascinated with her. So much so that he chases her down the street just to talk with her. After their encounter, Duncan can't get Lady Marcia out of his head. He finds that he is fascinated by her and the attraction he feels towards her. He knows that she feels the sparks between them too and he will do everything that he can to persuade her to take a chance on him.

Marcia may feel the connection between them, but she can never marry, especially not to the brother of the man that ruined her. The more she tries to stay away from Duncan the harder it is. He's quickly becoming too much to resist and if she's not careful she could lose her heart to him and that is something she does not want to do.

I found that I really liked both characters. I loved that they both had flawed pasts and didn't really care what others thought of them. I love that Marcia is a head mistress at a girl's school. She's so different from your standard heroine. She truly cares about her students and their needs. But it doesn't stop there. She cares about everyone and I loved, loved, loved how she was with Duncan's son. She doesn't treat him differently just because he was born out of wedlock. She treats him like an equal. She is such a good natured and kind person.

As for Duncan, I LOVE him. He is truly the best of men and the relationship between him and his brother broke my heart. All he wants is what is best for his brother, and Finn continually craps on him. Duncan is constantly cleaning up after Finn and his messes even though everyone has told him to stop. He just can't help that he loves his brother and wants to help him. I found that so commendable. I also, loved his relationship with his son. He was so caring with him, it was just so sweet. Honestly, I can go on an on about how much I loved Duncan. Seriously, he was great.

Another thing that I enjoyed with this book was all of the secondary characters. I loved getting to know the rest of the Brady's and I honestly can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of the bunch.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

3 comments :

  1. I can't wait to read Loving Lady Marcia. The characters really do sound fantastic. I love when there's a bit of a troubled past involved and things are a bit messy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of Kieran, thanks for the fabulous review Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dani! I appreciate the review--I know they are hard to write--and I'm glad you loved Duncan!!!

    Have a great long weekend, and see you near Christmas on the blog!

    Hugs,

    Kieran :>)

    ReplyDelete