in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 30, 2012

ARC Review: Sultry With a Twist by Macy Beckett

I really enjoyed this book. In fact I found it hard to put down once I started it. I'm a sucker for second chance at love and friend's to lovers stories and this book had both and it did not disappoint. I really loved this book and I can't wait to read more from this author.

The chemistry between Luke and June is great. I loved their relationship and the fact that yes, it's been nine years since either has seen or spoken to one another and even though their last moments together were spent arguing, they still had a great friendship. They seemed to pick up right were they left off, sans the argument.

I liked the progression of their relationship and I especially liked that we were shown glimpses of their past. It gave me a better appreciation of their relationship. It helped me understand exactly how much these two both care for one another.

Neither Luke or June has had it easy in life and I loved the they were both able to gain solace and companionship with one another. I do wish that Luke wouldn't have fought his feelings for so long, but I get it. He thinks that he isn't worth love since everyone in his life has used and discarded him and it seriously breaks your heart. Luke is such a good man but he thinks he's worthless. I loved that June loves him unconditionally and she doesn't give up on him. The moment Luke finally does give in and let's June in is explosive. They are both so hot together, but what I loved the most is that it wasn't just sex between them. You could feel the love and emotion between them and at times I felt like an intruder.

I am eager to see what is next for this author. Hopefully more books set in this world. I loved her voice and her characters. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Sultry Springs.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

0 comments :

Post a Comment