Robin Covington, who NYT Best Selling authors, Robyn Carr and Carly Phillips, said was their new “auto-buy author”, writes sizzling hot contemporary and paranormal romance. A Night of Southern Comfort, her best-selling debut was nominated by RT Book Reviews for the 2012 Best Contemporary Romance from an Indie Press for bringing a “fresh, modern feel to the genre while still sticking to the things that get our adrenaline pumping — sex and danger”. When she's not exploring the theme of fooling around and falling in love, she’s collecting tasty man candy, indulging in a little comic book geek love, and stalking Joe Mangianello.
Robin is a member of the Romance Writers of America, the Washington Romance Writers, a faculty member at Romance University, a member of the Waterworld Mermaids, a Goddess at The Naked Hero, and a contributor to the Happy Ever After blog at USA Today.
Places to find Robin:
A la Twitter style, please describe your book in 140 characters or less.
Oh, this is hard!
Sexy Secret Santa seduces his love with gifts from Santa Baby song. She is secretly in love with him. Identity revealed. Love is made. Santa’s helper is a hit.
What types of scenes are your most favorite to write?
I love to write sex scenes but not for the reason most people think. I love them because they are a way for me to show the most character growth and reveal their true selves to each other. Michael Hague says in his writing workshops that “you have to get naked to get naked”. And, he’s right. The characters are the most vulnerable physically and emotionally when they are between the sheets and even if they try to say its only sex—they can’t hide from the raw truth in that moment.
If you could have dinner with any three authors (alive or dead), who would you choose and why?
- Jane Austen: She has a small body of work that has endured over time. I would love to see how she worked, how she formed her characters and how she made them so timeless.
- Harper Fox: She writes male/male romance and she is an absolute genius of wringing the emotion out of every scene. I would love to just pick her brain for hours. And, we’ve become friends but never met since we live on opposite sides of the pond and it would be so fun to get to hang out with her.
- Nora Roberts: I have had the pleasure of meeting her several times since we live in the same area and belong to the same romance writing group. She is gutsy, plain-speaking and so down-to-earth. I would love to talk to her about the practical things – writing craft, work/life balance.
What are you favorite types of stories to read?
I love sexy, emotional stories in a contemporary setting for the most part. I read a TON of male/male romance because there are so many talented authors and they take the romance tropes and turn them upside down. So clever. I also read a lot of Jill Shalvis, Erin McCarthy and Shannon McKenna. They have the best, clearest voices of almost any writer out there.
Last question, are you working on anything right now?
Yes! I am almost finished with a sexy new romance for the Brazen line at Entangled. The hero is an action movie star and the heroine is a romance novelist. I am almost ready to hit “send” to my editor!
Tessa Stoneman hasn’t been able to get long-time friend and business partner Nicholas Boone out of her head since they shared a single kiss in college. Even when she dated Nicholas’s best friend. Now that she’s giving up her position at GameNerdz to strike out on her own—and now that she’s single—maybe it’s the right time to see if there’s still something between them.
Nicholas knows once Tessa leaves the company she helped found, they might drift apart. Before she starts her own company in the new year, he wants to woo the woman he fell in love with during college. So he poses as her Secret Santa, gifts her with items from the song “Santa Baby,” and plans a big reveal at the company holiday party. But when his best friend wants to rekindle his romance with Tessa, will Nicholas lose his last chance?
Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |
- Leave a meaningful comment/question for Robin.
- Fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
Good Luck =)