in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 29, 2013

ARC Review: Undone by Shannon Richard


Undone by Shannon Richard is the first book in her Country Roads series. It was a quick and cute read, and a promising start to her series. I was originally drawn in by the cover, but once I started reading I found that I really enjoyed the characters. I love a good small town story where you get to meet a lot of characters and begin to see how they all are connected, so I knew once I started that this one was going to be right up my alley.

Paige has had a lot of bad luck recently. She lost her roommate and best friend to a better job in another state, she lost her own job after the company was bought out, and then she lost her boyfriend after they moved in together. She packs up and moves to live with her parents while she figures out what to do. Now that she is in the small town of Mirabelle Florida she is having trouble finding a job and to make matters worse her Jeep breaks down. But her luck changes when mechanic Brendan shows up and the sparks instantly fly! After getting off to a rough start the two begin to ease into getting to know each other and seeing if there is more than just chemistry.

I really liked the characters in this story. Brendan was sweet and sexy and everything you could want for a book boyfriend! He went out of his way to help Paige and he was always supporting and encouraging. I really loved that he not only was a good friend and good boyfriend, but that he also had a good relationship with Paige's parents. He was absolutely a gentleman and that was nice to see. Paige was fun and feisty and refused to let others get her down. I loved that she didn't care what other people thought and didn't change who she was. In a small town, being unique is usually not a good thing but she was her own person and remained true to herself. I loved her friend Abby and their conversations. One of the high-points of this book for me was the secondary characters. I really enjoyed Grace, Brendan's sister and his two best friends Jax and Shep.

I did have a few problems with this book. The pacing on this story was off for me. The first half of the book was pretty slow and then the second half of the book just seemed to take off. It was as if most of the story had been squeezed into the second half. I also felt like there wasn't a lot of conflict in this story, and the small amount there was was somewhat unresolved. There were a few villains that were intent on making Paige's life miserable and although one is slightly taken care of, the rest are completely forgotten. I felt like this book was just missing a little bit of the story and it seemed somewhat incomplete.

Overall, this book was enjoyable and I will still be reading more from this series despite the few problems i had with this one. I loved the characters and their interactions. I'm really looking forward to the next book and seeing Jax and Grace's relationship develop. I just can't resist a best friend's little sister to lover story! I think that this series shows promise and I am excited to see where the author goes from here.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment