in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 4, 2013

ARC Review: Spin by Bella Love


I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this one, because this is the first book from Bella Love. But the blurb sounded pretty promissing and I really loved the cover! I admit I am definitely one of those visual types that can be immediately swayed one way or another just by a cover! So I went into this story with absolutely no idea what to expect. Unfortunately for me, I just had a tough time getting into this one. There were many times that I almost put this down and didn't finish, but I have a need to see things through and ended up finishing. Only to find out that the story continues in another book.

Spin is the story of Jane and Finn. They are opposites when it comes to social standing and upbringing. Jane escaped small town life and started her own event planning business. After struggling to get her business to the next level she lands some very important clients and goes to get everything ready for their event. She never expected that she would run into Finn after 11 years and a few kisses when they were young. Jane fights the connection between them and is always running from things she is scared of, but this time Finn is not allowing her to run from the attraction between them.

Most of this book felt completely rushed to me and it was hard to follow at times. I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out what was going on and often times felt lost. The story just seemed to jump around. I also felt like even though the scenes were hot, that their connection to each other was only physical. I just wasn't feeling the emotions beween them. Most of this book seemed to be one sex scene after another without much in between. I found Jane to be annoying a lot of the time and also extremely immature for the age of her character. It just seemed to me that there were too many inconsistencies as far as personality went. One minute she is strong and independent and willing to do anything to make her career happen and the next she is timid and shy and running scared. I also couldn't get past the fact that Finn couldn't tell Jane what he did for a living because he was scared that she would run away if she knew. He pushed her so hard not to run and be scared and to face everything, and yet he wouldn't do as he was telling her to do.

Overall, I had just been expecting more and unfortunately this one just didn't live up to those expectations for me. It wasn't memorable, and even though there will be more to their story in the next book by Bella Love, I really am not interested in what happens to them.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment