in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 15, 2013

ARC Review: 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore


3:AM Kisses is one of those books for me that I both liked and didn't like. There were times that I really loved it, and times that I was rolling my eyes. I think that this book had a lot of promise and in some ways it just didn't live up to it, and yet in others it did. The premise for this book is one of my absolute favorite tropes, and I just can't help myself when it comes to reading stories about a guy falling in love with his best friend's little sister. For the most part, I think this book was enjoyable and it was a quick read. I just felt that there were times that things didn't work for me and that kept me from enjoying this story as much as I think that I could have. This book was a hard one for me to rate, as it was kind of in between a three and a four for me. I think this book would probably be closer to a 3.5 rating for me.

Baya is moving from Texas to North Carolina to begin her freshman year of college at the school her father attended and her brother Cole is currently attending. Struggling with her bag, Bryson comes to her rescue and the two instantly hit it off. Neither of them realize at first that Bryson is Cole's roommate. Baya is tired of being the good little virgin and is looking to begin living life for the first time. With her brother Cole always treating her like a child and being over protective of her, Bryson quickly realizes that acting on the attraction he feels to Baya is the last thing he should do. But Baya has very few friends at her new school, and Bryson takes it upon himself to help her out by hanging out with her and giving her a part time job at his family's bar. The chemistry between Baya and Bryson grows by the day, and with all the time they are spending together feelings beyond attraction begin to develop. Can Baya and Bryson possibly have a real relationship together when her brother has forbidden it?

I liked Bryson for the most part. He was sexy and funny and sweet towards Baya. I thought that he was a really great guy to kind of take her under his wing at first when she didn't know many people. I didn't like that even though he knew he liked Baya and Baya liked him that he kept having other girls around. He would kiss Baya and then the next day have a different girl all over him. That part bothered me, and the fact that Baya just put up with it and would take anything Bryson would give her without ever confronting him about it was a problem for me. But despite that, he seemed to be able to give up his sleeping around ways as soon as him and Baya decided that they were really together. Baya was a fun and feisty heroine. I loved that she was sarcastic and witty and unafraid to say what was on her mind. Her character was a little naive and timid at the beginning and it was nice to watch her really come into her own as she grew. Baya and Bryson had undeniable chemistry from the very start, and I think they were great together.

I had a problem with Cole and his relationship with Baya. For some reason, their relationship was just strange to me. She thinks that they are super close and that they have the best relationship, and yet when she shows up all Cole seems to be able to do is continue sleeping his way through every female student at their school. It just seemed weird that they would be so close and yet he couldn't keep it in his pants long enough to really care that she was as the school. There were also some little details that I thought were missing from this story. Even though this book is set at a college campus where they are all students, it seems as if Baya is the only one even attending. How is it possible that Cole and Bryson are seniors when the never seem to leave the bedroom? Overall, I really liked Baya and Bryson together. They really seemed realistic to me and their feelings for each other were very easy to believe. I just wish that there would have been a little more to the story besides anyone and everyone constantly having sex. Don't get me wrong, I like some good sex scenes (the steamier the better!) but when everyone is constantly having sex and that is all that is propelling the storyline forward it feels as though there is something missing. I liked the ending and there was a twist that I can honestly say surprised me, but unfortunately it was a little rushed to me and I would have liked that to have played out a little differently. This was a fast and sexy read and I enjoyed reading about Baya and Bryson. I believe fans of New Adult books with sexy scenes and dirty talk will enjoy this story and should give this one a shot. Addison Moore is an author that I was not familiar with before reading this story, but I will be keeping an eye out for more from her in the future.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |



0 comments :

Post a Comment