in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ARC Review: Bad Girlfriend by Kirsten DeMuzio


Bad Girlfriend is the fourth book in the First and Last series by Kirsten DeMuzio, but can be read as a standalone. I really liked this story and thought that it was really easy to get into. It was well written and flowed really well. I thought that the pacing was great, and it was a quick read for me that I didn't want to put down. I am really excited to read more in this series and I can't wait to see what else Kirsten DeMuzio comes up with next.

Brooke was raised by her grandma since her mother was incapable of taking care of her at the age of sixteen and her father wasn't in the picture. She went to cosmetology school and now does hair while living with her grandma and helping her take care of her house. Brooke has had one bad relationship after another and tends to fall for all the wrong guys. With abandonment issues because of her childhood, Brooke tends to let guys use her. When her new neighbor Adam and her end up in bed following a night that neither of them remember, she is determined to change her ways. With the help of her friends they come up with a list of rules to be followed when dating. Adam has wanted her since the first time he saw her and had no problem playing by the rules. He is determined to show Brooke that she deserves to be treated right and he is just the guy for the job. But hen outside drama threatens their relationship, will they be able to make it through together?

I really liked Adam. He was sweet and kind, and he treated Brooke really well. I liked that he was already looking out for her and taking care of her before he really even knew her. He was always thinking about her, and it was sweet to see how fiercely protective of her he was. He wouldn't let anyone say anything bad about her, including herself. He was just an all around good guy, and he was absolutely the perfect match for Brooke. Brooke was a little damaged and insecure because of her childhood. It was great to see her start to really value herself with Adam's help. I also liked that she wasn't afraid to open up to Adam and lay everything on the table. She was honest and not afraid to be herself. I liked that they were able to be so forthcoming with each other, even when it came to the hard things. Adam and Brooke were really great together, and I liked that they took things slow and followed the rules for dating despite the chemistry between them. It made their relationship that much more real, and you could tell that they were developing a really strong connection. The sexual tension between Adam and Brooke was clear from the start, and I enjoyed their scenes together.

Overall, this book was really enjoyable. It was a really great way to spend a few hours, and I was able to lose myself in their story. There was drama and some issues in this book, but for the most part it was all on the outside of their relationship and I was really happy about that. It was refreshing to see the main couple committed to each other and dealing with things as a team while not letting it tear them apart or really get in their way. I also really liked all the characters in this book besides just Adam and Brooke. I really liked Adam's friend despite his man-whore ways, and I can't wait to see where Kirsten DeMuzio takes his character! This book was really good, and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a sweet romance with a lot of sexual tension and some steamy scenes.

**ARC provided by Literati Author Services**

Purchase: | Amazon | Smashwords |



0 comments :

Post a Comment