in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

ARC Review: Tempting the Bodyguard by J. Lynn


Tempting the Bodyguard is the third book in J.Lynn's (Jennifer L. Armentrout) Gamble brothers series. These books can be read as standalones and even though I hadn't read the first two books, I had no problem understanding anything. I think that these books would be better read in order so that you get to meet all the characters ahead of time, and get to really know everything that has previously happened, but it is not necessary. I did enjoy this book, and after reading I will go back and read the others as well. I am a huge fan of J. Lynn/Jennifer L. Armentrout and this book was another winner from her. If you haven't read any of her books yet, you are seriously missing out.

Alana Gore has been getting letters from a stalker, and he has even followed her across the country. When she gets the newest letter saying that he will see her that night, she knows that she can no longer ignore the danger and that she needs to get help. In need of a bodyguard, she turns to Chandler Gamble. He is hot and has a reputation for being sexually adventurous, but he is also her former client Chad's brother. When Alana first goes to Chandler for help, he turns her down. He has a rule about not working with women that he wants to have sex with, and he has wanted her since he first met her. But when he quickly realizes that she is in real danger, he agrees to help her out. Caught between keeping their relationship professional and their growing attraction to one another, Chandler and Alana begin to realize that they can't fight what is between them. But with the past problems with Alana and Chandler's family as well as the current danger, things between them won't be easy. Can Chandler convince Alana to quit running and give a relationship a chance? Or will there be too many things in their way for a relationship to have a chance?

I liked Chandler. He was sexy and smart, and I loved that he was so confident. He was up-front and honest, and he didn't have a problem admitting his feelings. I liked that he wasn't scared by his feelings, and he was determined to convince Alana that they belonged together. I also loved that he saw who she really was and that he understood the things that she did. He was protective of her and I was glad to see that he always supported her and stood up for her even with his family. I know a lot of people had a problem with Alana's character because of her previous actions, but since I hadn't read the first two books that wasn't a problem for me. I can see how she would come across as cold and bitchy though. But I honestly thought that while her actions might not have been the best, she was just doing her job and she was trying to put her clients in a better position than they were in when she was hired by them. She was great with Chandler, even if she did run and try to keep him at arms length. It was interesting to see the woman have the commitment problem in the story rather than the man, even if it did drive me nuts a bit. But I thought that Chandler and Alana had really great chemistry together, and I thought that they were great for one another.

I really did enjoy this story, and I liked that there were steamy parts and funny parts. This book had everything that I have come to expect from J. Lynn, and it was another really good book by her. I did think that things progressed a bit slowly between Chandler and Alana, and I was so ready for things to happen between them by the time that they finally did. My other complaint with this one was that while the story was good, it was pretty predictable. I wasn't shocked by anything that happened, and I had the stalker figured out from early on. I felt like the suspense part of this book was just lacking because of the predictability, but I really enjoyed watching as Chandler and Alana figured things out between them. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of the series, and I think that readers will really love Chandler. I think that J. Lynn/Jennifer Armentrout is a must read author, and she is one of those that I would buy anything with her name on it at this point. This book is no exception, and I enjoyed this book and the characters.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment