in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

ARC Review: Seducing the Princess by Diane Alberts


Seducing the Princess is the third book in the Shillings Agency series by Jen McLaughlin writing as Diane Alberts. This book is a standalone with interconnected characters, and you do not need to have read the rest of the series to understand this story though fans of the series will recognize some familiar faces. I thought that this book was a quick and easy read that was enjoyable. While there were parts that I enjoyed, this story wasn't anything really new or fresh. It was good, but I just didn't love it.

Gordon Waybrook has just received the assignment to protect a princess for the Shillings Agency, and is not looking forward to dealing with an entitled snob. To make matters worse, she shows up late to their first meeting. But once he starts to get to know princess Isabelle, he quickly realizes that he was all wrong about her. She is feisty and sexier than he would have thought, and they decide to spend a passionate night together. Though Isabelle wants Gordon, she knows that they can't have anything beyond a quick fling with her duty being to her country. She is set to marry a prince that will help her country regardless of the fact that she doesn't want to marry the stranger. But soon Gordon and Isabelle are developing real feelings for one another, and both of them would do anything to keep Isabelle from marrying someone else.

Gordon was a sexy bodyguard and former marine that was also a really great guy. He had a great code of ethics, and was determined to be an honorable guy after what his father put his mother through. Though he wanted Isabelle, once he found out there was a possibility of someone else in her life he did his best to keep his distance and remain professional despite his feelings. I really admired that about him, and it made me think he was that much greater. He was commanding and alpha, and I enjoyed seeing him boss Isabelle around in the bedroom. Isabelle was feisty and I loved that she wasn't a mild and meek Disney type princess. She was committed to doing the right thing for her country, but she also wasn't afraid to be who she was or go after what she wanted. I liked that what Gordon did had no bearing on her feelings for him, and she wasn't stuck up or entitled at all. These two had amazing chemistry right from the start and were super hot together. I thought that their sexy scenes were definitely the highlights of this book.

I will say though that I felt like this book was pretty rushed, and I didn't fully buy into their emotional connection. Yes, they did share things with one another that they typically didn't with others, but I really saw more of the lust between them than actual love. Gordon even admitted that he wasn't sure what love was or that he felt it for Isabelle. I wish that we could have seen more of the depth and developing bond between them, rather that just the physical side and the constant push and pull. I think that her indecision on if she should put herself or her country first hurt the development of her relationship with Gordon, and I would have liked to have seen her figure things out a bit sooner. It wasn't all Isabelle's fault though, as Gordon made plenty of mistakes himself. I also thought that their relationship suffered from so many outsiders interfering, but with Isabelle being a Royal it was realistic. I wish that Isabelle and Gordon had actually talked more though, as I think that better communication would have cleared up a lot of the problems and assumptions between them. While I enjoyed and liked this story, it isn't one that I would read over and over. I thought that the sex between them was hot and steamy, but beyond that the story to me was just okay. If you are looking for a good story with plenty of sexy times, you might give this one a shot. But if you are looking for more depth, this might not be the story for you.

**ARC Provided by Entangled Publishing**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |






0 comments :

Post a Comment