in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

ARC Review: Simmering Ice by Veronica Forand and Susan Scott Shelley


Simmering Ice is the second book in the Atlantic City Hustlers Series by Veronica Forand and Susan Scott Shelley. This book can be read as a standalone though and the characters are interconnected. This novella was short and sweet and I really enjoyed it. It is my first book by either of these authors, but I am definitely looking forward to more from them and this series. 

Annie Davidson hasn't been lucky in love and she hasn't been looking for someone after breaking up with her cheating ex. But when she meets star hockey player Alec O'Meara, she decides it might be time for her to get back out there. Alec lost his wife to cancer and hasn't been able to entertain the thought of anyone since. But with Annie he finds himself finally considering a relationship. But with Annie's insecurities and Alec's painful loss, can they have a chance at a future together? 

I liked these two a lot. They were great for each other, and I really liked them together. Alec and Annie had a lot of fun together and got along great right from the start. I loved how they both were with the kids that Annie worked with, and Alec could not have been a better guy. These two had a great connection and chemistry and I really enjoyed seeing them get to know one another. Their relationship was so natural, and I felt invested in them right away. 

If you are looking for a short and sweet contemporary read, this is definitely one you will want to check out. Being a hockey fan, I really enjoyed this book. I think this is one of those books that sports fans and non-fans alike will enjoy though, and I can't wait to read more from these two authors.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment