in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 8, 2016

ARC Review: Seduction in Session by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake


This book gave me EVERYTHING that a reader like me needs, just everything. You'll have to excuse me because I'm in the middle of a serious book hangover. I'm a romance, bossy alpha male, mystery, suspense and action girl. I got ALL of that from this book with several sides of heaping hot sex and it gave me life.

If you want to know what to expect in this book, think the TV show Scandal meets, Patriot games and is the cousin of that movie The Skulls. It was all of that. The underlying story is that Lara writes a political tabloid of sorts. Lara is a crusader, she uses certain salacious details to get readers to pay attention to stories written for the greater good of society. Lara stumbles on some serious ish involving the President and the entire country. As a result of her discovery, Lara is intercepted by Connor who poses as a bodyguard assigned by a "friend" to protect Lara. Connor and Lara have an instant attraction, explosive chemistry and diametrically opposed world views. It's a lot of fun.

I don't even know where to start about what I loved about this book. I loved the romance between Lara and Connor. Lara is maybe not the strongest heroine but she was sincere and believed in the greater good. Connor is a complete cynic because he has seen and done the very worst things in life. Lara brings Connor into the light. With Lara, Connor learns that there is actually good in the world and Lara learns that she doesn't need to be an absolutist about her principals. It is fun to watch the couple grow as individuals and then to grow together. I love that Connor is so bossy and so brooding and so protective, he's just sooo everything. Nothing is half way with Connor, he is intense and I loved him for that.

The other thing about this book that I believe any reader like me would enjoy is the whodunnit aspect. There are layers of mystery in this book and untangling everything, or trying to, is extremely entertaining. The pace of the book doesn't lag for a minute, there is action and intrigue lurking around every corner. When you think you know what's going on, you don't. I really appreciate how the author wove detail after detail into a giant mystery that is going to continue in the next book. Even though the big mystery continues, I didn't at all feel like this book ends on a cliffhanger. All the issues between Connor and Lara are wrapped up and the next book picks up with Dax investigating the big mystery. I can't wait for that!

Did I mention that Connor has a dirty dirty mouth and loves to use it on Lara? Oh yes, the sex was HAWT and totally worth the read. This was a great book and I highly recommend you read it.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment