in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 17, 2016

ARC Review: Seven by Amy Marie


Seven is the first book I have read by Amy Marie. There was a lot that I really enjoyed here, but I will mention that this book is not a standalone. It ends with a cliffhanger, and I really wanted more. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get more here though, as I definitely want to know what happens after where Seven left off. 

After being done wrong, Annie wants to get revenge on a group of seven guys that she refers to as the PITCREW. They were the most popular guys in school, but having it all wasn't enough. They needed something more, and that was making a bet to see which one could sleep with Annie first. As if that wasn't bad enough they filmed it and released it to the whole school. Now ten years later Annie has reinvented herself as Embyr and she has come up with a plan to make them all pay. But when she makes it through her list to Casen, she finds herself falling for him. Embyr quickly finds out that life doesn't always follow along with the plans you make. Can her and Casen possibly have a future together, or is there be too much history between them? 

This book was hot! There was so much chemistry between these two and honestly I couldn't get enough! Embyr and Casen were perfect examples of there being a fine line between love and hate. There was so much here that was unexpected, but I don't want to spoil the story for those that haven't read it yet. Suffice it to say though that not all was as it seems, and there was so much more going on that I had no clue about in the beginning. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to like Casen because of all that had happened in the past, but that wasn't the case here at all. I ended up really loving him! I liked Embyr as well, I will admit that I really wanted her to get her revenge. As the story continued though and things started to unfold, it became so much more complicated than I expected and I didn't know quite what to think. I also felt like there was a bit of a disconnect for me with her character later on in this book.

While I really liked the first half, the second half didn't feel as strong to me. I did enjoy this book a lot and the ending definitely has me anxious for more. I am especially looking forward to getting Casen's POV. But I will say that while I didn't like the second half as much as the first half, that this book kept me guessing with twists and turns the whole way through. I hadn't known that there was a cliffhanger before starting this one, so I think that could have been some of what made this second half feel as though it wasn't as good as the first half. I don't like to be surprised, and there was absolutely no mention of this one not being a standalone story in the blurb. I still recommend this book though, and I think if you go into it knowing that it has a cliffhanger that it probably won't be as shock as I had here. I am looking foward to more from Amy Marie though as I really liked her style and didn't want to put this one down.

**ARC Provided by Gossip Girls PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 






0 comments :

Post a Comment