New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shirley Jump spends her days writing romance and women's fiction to feed her shoe addiction and avoid cleaning the toilets. She cleverly finds writing time by feeding her kids junk food, allowing them to dress in the clothes they find on the floor and encouraging the dogs to double as vacuum cleaners.
Look for her Sweet and Savory Romance series, including the USA Today bestselling book, THE BRIDE WORE CHOCOLATE, on Amazon and Nook, and her new Sweetheart Club series for Berkley, starting with THE SWEETHEART BARGAIN.
Visit her website at www.shirleyjump.com or read recipes and life adventures at www.eating-my-words.com.
My Favorite Beaches
I set Can’t Get Over You on fictional Fortune’s Island, a little beach community off the coast of Massachusetts, because I absolutely love the beach. If I could, I’d be there every single day. Since I only live a few miles from one of the best beaches in the country, I am blessed to be able to see the ocean a few times a week. Here are my favorite beaches, in no particular order.
1. Clearwater Beach—it’s been voted Number One several times, and for a reason. Lots of white sand, tons of things to do, and warm water to swim in. The sunsets are spectacular, especially if you are watching them from one of the beachside restaurants while a band plays in the background.
2. Grand Cayman Islands—there is some seriously awesome snorkeling here. The islands are protected by a reef, which keeps the waves and currents to a minimum, so you can snorkel all day. The water is crystal clear, and sea life is abundant. I spent so long snorkeling there that I came home with one heck of a sunburn on my back—but it was worth it!
3. Martha’s Vineyard—okay, so the beach here isn’t the sugar sand kind that Florida has, but Martha’s Vineyard itself is super cool and quaint. And who can beat the kitsch of finding Jaws souvenirs in the shops? The ferry ride across to the island is fun, and the view of the Atlantic Ocean is breathtaking.
4. Marco Island—for kayaking, Marco Island has a lot of fabulous little tiny islands off its coast that you can visit. The beach is long and beautiful, filled with lots of cool shells that I rarely see at the more northern Clearwater Beach.
5. Roatan—I went here on a cruise ship stop one day, and after a pretty hairy bus ride, we arrived at this breathtaking beach near Honduras. It helped that there were several cabana boy types handing out rum runners and margaritas! But truly, one of the prettiest beaches I’ve ever seen.
Tell me--what’s your favorite beach to visit? Do you have any cool beach trips planned for the future? What’s your favorite kind of book to read while you’re working on your tan (hopefully, a beach romance like Can’t Get Over You? ;-).
Travel back to the loveswept world of Fortune’s Island with New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shirley Jump.His voice pierced the darkest corners of her heart.Waitress Jillian Matheson needs a life makeover. The first thing on her “Get it Together” to-do list is breaking up with her fiancé, Zach Gifford, a struggling rocker who refuses to grow up. With Zach on the sidelines, Jillian pursues the dream career she’s secretly craved for decades and finds romance in the arms of a hot, mysterious visitor on Fortune’s Island. There’s just one kink in her plans. Zach’s band has a regular gig at The Love Shack where she works. And, she can’t deny the effect of his velvet-cloaked voice, a voice that can still reach places she no longer allows his hands to touch.She’s the only song he ever wanted to sing.Zach thought he had everything figured out—a music career on the edge of a breakthrough and a gorgeous fiancé—until Jillian left her engagement ring on his amp one night and walked out of his life. He is sure that he can get her to remember their shared passion and realize that they belong together, until a new man enters the picture and begins to sway Jillian’s heart.Is it ever too late for true love?Just as Zach begins to break down Jillian’s walls of resistance, a dark secret from his past comes to light and threatens to ruin their second chance at love. With shattered trust pushing them farther away from each other than ever before, can these two wounded hearts find their way back to each other before the last song?
Check out the Fortune's Island series:
Up For Grabs:
- 1 $25 Amazon Gift Card
- What’s your favorite beach to visit?
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Shirley Jump for sponsoring this tour-wide giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway