in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 16, 2017

ARC Review: Blurry by Carina Adams


I will be honest and say that I didn't know how I was going to feel about this book before I started it, and while I was excited I was also a bit scared. If you haven't read Forever Red by Carina Adams, you may want to exit now as there will be some spoilers from that book. Having read and loved Forever Red and Out of the Blue (the previous books released in the Bama Boys series by Carina Adams), I was a huge Nate fan. So when I found out that Carina had written a story about Lia with someone else I just wasn't sure if I could connect or even like the story. Carina is such a talented writer though that I never should have worried about it. Blurry is the story of Lia and Craig, before Lia met Nate. 

Cecelia "Lia" Merrill was used to being on her own, lost and lonely she was determined to graduate and leave her tiny town behind her for good. But then she met coach Craig Knightly and everything changed. Craig almost had everything that he had ever dreamed of, but then Lia changed everything that he thought he knew. Soon an unexpected and forbidden friendship between them led to more, and both Lia and Craig knew that their lives would be forever changed in a situation where neither of them could come out a winner. 

Like I said, I was worried about being able to connect here, even though I had loved Lia before. I ended up really liking Craig though as well, and surprisingly I found myself liking these two together. Did I think that they belonged together in the long run? No I didn't, because I knew better and she always belonged with Nate. But that didn't stop me from rooting for these two here or enjoying their time together. For those that haven't read Forever Red, this one will probably be a completely different experience than for those that have read FR. I loved the fact that we got to know Lia better here though and see a bit more into her past than just some details we had been given previously. These two had a great connection and strong chemistry, and they needed each other at the time that they were together. Yet they also both were at a place where they couldn't be together long term, and I think that their time together made them into the people that they needed to be later on. 

I will say that I actually ended up feeling sorry for Craig here, and it broke my heart a bit to see him here knowing what was ahead for him. These two had genuine feelings for one another, yet Craig definitely was the one that I knew would wind up hurting the most. I felt for him even though he had messed things up with Lia to begin with, and I really just wanted him to be happy. It was easy to see how he as well as Mike and Nate could fall for Lia, and I was glad to get more of all these characters. This was an emotional read, and I really struggled knowing how everything would play out in the long run. But I am really glad that Carina Adams wrote this story and gave us more insight into these characters that I already knew and loved. I hope that Craig might one day get his own HEA as I think he truly deserves one. It was great to read about his HFN with Lia here though, and I think fans of this series will really enjoy getting more in this world.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment