in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

ARC Review: Tempting Levi by Jules Barnard


Tempting Levi is the first book in the Cade Brothers series by Jules Barnard. This series stands alone, but it is a spin-off of Barnard's Men of Lake Tahoe series. That was the series that first introduced me to Jules Barnard's writing, and I was so excited when I heard about the Cade Brothers getting their own series. Tempting Levi was a great start and I already can't wait for more. 

All Levi wanted was to leave Lake Tahoe behind, but an accident and the loss of his father changed everything. No longer able to pursue his ambitions of being a firefighter, Levi was left in charge of his family's resort and he knew he needed help. With his advisers trying to tell him what to do, Levi knew that Emily was the perfect person to have on his side. But he also couldn't help the attraction between them or the fact that he wanted her despite her being his ex's little sister. But will she end up betraying him like her sister did? 

I love forbidden romance stories, so this book would have drawn me in even if I didn't know what a great writer Jules Barnard is. I really liked Levi and Emily though, and it quickly became more about the story than the trope for me as I was pulled in right away. Levi and Emily were both real and genuine characters, and I loved that they were each strong and capable yet had vulnerabilities as well. Each of them struggled at times with feelings of insecurity and inadequacy. I really felt like they were great for one another and that they needed one another. I enjoyed their journey and seeing how they were able to overcome their struggles together. The chemistry between these two was really strong and you could feel the attraction between them. 

Overall, this was a great start to this series. Jules Barnard continues to deliver fun and sexy stories that are easy to get lost in. I love her characters and the fact that I feel like I can relate to them. She has a way of keeping things interesting, while also making them believable and I know with each book I read from her that I will enjoy it. If you are new to Jules Barnard, I definitely recommend giving her books a try if you like contemporary romance. If you are already a fan, Tempting Levi is everything that you will have come to know and love from her previous books while also being fresh and new. I can't wait to get more in this series, and I am already looking forward to the next book!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment