in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 21, 2017

Review: The Coppersmith Farmhouse by Devney Perry


The Coppersmith Farmhouse is the first book in the Jamison Valley series by Devney Perry. It is also her debut novel and I really loved it. I actually started this series by reading the second book first, but after reading The Clover Chapel I knew I had to go back and read the first to see where it all started. Each book is a standalone story and you don't need to read them in order, but I would definitely suggest it as some major parts of the first book will be spoiled if you read them out of order.

After the loss of a dear friend, Gigi leaves her old life behind to head to small-town Montana with her young daughter when she is gifted a farmhouse. Still coping with the loss and the transition to their new life, the last thing she needs is the attitude coming from the town's sheriff. Though he is beyond sexy, he seems determined to be a jerk for no apparent reason. Jess thinks he knows exactly the type of woman that Gigi is, and he is bitter after the farmhouse that should have been his goes to Gigi instead. Yet as much as he wants to dislike her and he tries to push her away, he can't fight what he feels for her and the attraction between them. But when he starts to get to know the real her, he quickly finds out he was wrong and knows he will have his work cut out for him if he is to make up for his terrible behavior. Can he earn her trust and show her that there is more between them than either of them could have ever expected? 

I really liked Gigi and Jess in the second book, so I couldn't wait to get to know them more here. I loved them even more in this story, and I genuinely enjoyed seeing their connection form. These two had off the charts chemistry and that was a great start to their relationship. Their connection was slower to build, but as they started to get to know one another it was obvious that they belonged together. Gigi's daughter Rowen stole the show here, and I loved her with Jess. She was fantastic and these three were so special.

Overall, this was a great story and I think that readers will really enjoy it. There were a few times that the pacing felt a bit slow, but honestly the story is so good that I was never tempted to put it down. I have seen other readers compare Devney Perry's writing/books to those of Kristen Ashley and I can definitely see why they think that. I think that if you enjoy KA's books that Devney Perry is definitely an author worth checking out. Her alpha heroes and strong characters are ones that I feel instantly invested in and she has yet to disappoint me. Devney Perry is definitely an author to watch and I am already looking forward to the third book in this series after reading The Coppersmith Farmhouse and The Clover Chapel.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment