in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 30, 2017

ARC Review: Dark Promises by Winter Renshaw


Dark Promises is the second book in Winter Renshaw's Dark series, though it can be read as a standalone. I am pretty new to Winter Renshaw's work having just recently discovered her, but I had to read this one after I saw that cover and read the blurb. I really enjoyed this one, and if I wasn't already on my way to becoming a fan of hers, I definitely am one now.

After having her heart broken, Rowan is only looking for a good time. She wants one night with no strings and no chance at any kind of relationship forming. Keir needs to clean up his act if he wants to have a successful senate campaign, and his adviser has handpicked Rowan. But convincing her that he has changed and is no longer a playboy will be harder than he expected, especially since that is all she wants from him. Soon Rowan and Keir find themselves feeling things they never planned on and both begin to wonder if there is something there between them worth changing everything for. 

I really liked these two. At first I was a little unsure about them as both weren't being entirely honest and each had their own motives for seeking the other out. The chemistry was there right away though, and you could see that they were actually really good for one another despite how things might have started. Keir was used to being a playboy and had no interest in relationships, but when he actually needed one the girl chosen wanted nothing to do with him. Rowan wanted to forget and numb the pain, and her carefully chosen fling wanted more. It was so much fun to see them challenge one another and the dynamic between them was so interesting to me. I really enjoyed the little war of wills they had going on and it felt like these two couldn't have been more perfect for one another. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more from Winter Renshaw. Keir actually appears in two other books according to Winter Renshaw and for a limited time if you buy Dark Promises it includes the two other stories that he is in with it. I immediately went out and bought it so that I can not only meet Keir's brother, but see the villain himself before he fell. I think that readers will really  enjoy this one like I did, especially if you like them on the sexy side. This one I definitely recommend and I can't wait for more from Winter Renshaw.

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment