in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 1, 2019

ARC Review: When August Ends by Penelope Ward


I absolutely love Penelope Ward’s books, and this one was right up my alley, being an older man younger woman book. I knew I had to read this story and Penelope didn’t disappoint. When August Ends hooked me from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. While this one didn’t feel like Penelope’s past works to me, I really enjoyed it and can’t wait for more from her! 

When Heather’s mother became ill, she ended up staying to help out instead of going to college. Now she helps out by cleaning and taking care of her family’s boathouse and the tenants that rent it. So when sexy older man Noah shows up, she isn’t prepared to be as drawn to him as she is. But they get off to an embarrassing start in which Noah makes it clear that nothing will happen between them, though there is an obvious connection between them. The more they spend time together, the closer they become. Soon Heather’s feelings grow even stronger for Noah and Noah finds it harder to to fight what he feels for Heather. But with Noah leaving at the end of August, they both know that things are far from simple. 

I loved the connection between Heather and Noah. Especially that things started off as a bit awkward and turned into a strong friendship. Things progressed naturally and it was so real between them. They had chemistry right from the start, but it was so much more than that. I love that Noah encouraged Heather and wanted what was best for her, even if that meant denying what he felt for her. I was glad that Heather never gave up though as they were meant for each other. They were so great together and I couldn’t get enough of them. 

Overall, I really liked this story and the characters. Penelope Ward is one of my all time favorite authors. I love her stories and that her characters are unique. I always recommend her books to fans of the contemporary romance genre and she continues to prove why she is a must buy author for me. If you like older man/younger woman romance novels, this is one you should definitely check out. I can’t wait to see what Penelope writes next!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Apple |


1 comments :

  1. I was drawn in by this cover. Will definitely pick this one up. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete