in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 6, 2023

ARC Review: The Rules of Dating My Best Friend's Sister by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward

 



I couldn’t wait to get Holden’s story after reading The Rules of Dating by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. You do not need to read The Rules of Dating to understand this story, but I do think that you get a great experience and some background on the characters if you do read it before reading The Rules of Dating My Best Friend’s Sister. This one was really enjoyable, and I already can’t wait to get more of these guys!


Holden and Lala had known each other for so long as Holden was best friends with Lala’s brother Ryan. They had a connection that went beyond that though and it was there from the start. These two had a ton of chemistry between them, but I loved that it was so much deeper than that. At first glance, these two didn’t have a lot in common. Holden was a musician that had a past full of girls, while Lala was smart and more focused on her future and career and had only been with a few guys. But even though it didn’t appear to make much sense, these two complimented each other so well and I loved seeing them circle one another. 


The one thing that kept this book from being a five star read for me though was Lala. I struggled a bit with her at times. She made a lot of judgments about Holden that I wasn’t quite sure where they came from if she truly knew him. Luckily, things didn’t drag though and these two were able to communicate in a way that I liked. The one thing I absolutely love about these books besides the couples is the fact that the friend group is so strong. They would do literally anything for one another and I just love them all. I can’t wait for the next book, and I recommend reading both this and Colby’s book before as they are great stories! Holden and Lala’s book was enjoyable and a great addition to this world. Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward are some of my favorite authors, and you can’t go wrong with anything they write!


**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**


Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |














0 comments :

Post a Comment