in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

ARC Review: Older by Jennifer Hartmann



Age gap and forbidden romance are definitely my jam, so when I first saw Older from Jennifer Hartmann, I knew this one was going to be good! She definitely didn’t disappoint! Older had me hooked from the very first page to the last and I was unable to put this one down. If you are looking for a captivating story that will have you feeling all the feels, look no further!

Reed and Halley meet and share a connection right away, before Reed learns that Halley is younger than she originally said. Turns out that besides the large difference in their ages, Halley is also best friends with Reed’s daughter. These two know they need to keep their distance, but circumstances keep bringing them together and as they continue to grow closer, lines become blurred and they find themselves more drawn to one another.

I absolutely loved these two. Their connection was so natural and genuine right from the start. They just had an ease about them that felt right. I loved how Halley was so strong and able to overcome all that she had been dealt in life both individually and with the support of Reed, Tara and Whitney. Reed was a great guy all around, trying to do his best by Halley as well as his daughter. He was caring and kind, and I loved that he was so passionate about helping others. Reed and Halley’s circumstances might not have been ideal for anyone involved, but the chemistry and connection were undeniable, and you could feel the love between them growing.

I will say that my rating on this one was based mostly on feeling and the fact that I know this book won’t be far from my mind for quite awhile. This one is definitely one of my favorites from Jennifer Hartmann, but I do wish we had been given a bit more to this ending. It felt a bit rushed and I wanted to see more of them actually being a couple after everything they’d been through. Ultimately though, I loved this book and thought it was a five star read. I highly recommend this one, and I already can’t wait to go back and read it again.


**ARC Provided by Valentine PR**


Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |













 

0 comments :

Post a Comment