in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

ARC Review: Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter

I'm a big Gena Showalter fan and I've pretty much have read all of her books. Going into this one I had really high expectations. That being said, I have slightly mixed feelings when it comes to this book. It was a good book, but I felt it was just missing some of the Gena feeling that I've come to love with reading her other books. One of my favorite things I like about reading a Gena Showalter book is the banter that happens between the characters. May it be between the hero and heroine or some other character entirely, it's just something that I've grown to love from her. With this book there wasn't any banter at all between any characters. Jane and Nicolai instantly went from being strangers, to being lovers on the run. Even when they both did have discussions with each other it just seemed like they just kept telling each other how much they wanted one another. At times it seemed like Nicolai couldn't even string together a full sentence. It seemed like all he spoke was "Caveman". All he did was constantly say that Jane was "His" over and over. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely sexy when a extremely hot alpha male calls you "Mine" in the heat of passion, but with Nicolai that is all he would say. It just became very monotonous. I just wanted to hear more from him. Besides that I really enjoyed this story and the relationship between Jane and Nicolai.

Nicolai is everything I've come to love about alpha males. He's sexy, extremely protective, and not afraid to show his feelings. He is constantly worried about Jane and her well being. He will stop at absolutely nothing to keep her safe. If anyone is foolish enough to hurt her, he will stop at nothing to exact revenge and make it incredibly painful. Nicolai is definitely someone that I would not want to cross.

Jane was a great match for Nicolai. She wasn't just some whiny wimp of a heroine who waits around for the hero to save her. No sir, that isn't Jane at all. She is very self-efficient and is willing to go to great extremes to defend both Nicolai and herself. There are even a few times that she is successful at defending herself against others.
I really enjoyed these two together. They were exactly what each other needed in their lives. Both Jane and Nicolai are so hot together. They definitely had a few steamy scenes while on the run. I normally don't really believe in the whole "love at first sight" storyline but Gena does it in such a great and believable way.
With Lord of the Vampires being the beginning of this series, I can't wait to see what else we are in store for. I love that each book is written by a different author. It makes things very interesting and I am extremely anxious to see everyone else's take on this world and the characters within it.

**This was an ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

0 comments :

Post a Comment