in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Review: Deeper Than Midnight by Lara Adrian

I enjoyed this book a lot but I didn't love this book the way I love so many others by this author. I felt very disconnected from the main characters. This was supposed to be Hunter and Corrine's story but it just didn't feel like it. It felt as if they were more a side story while the main story was everything that was going on with The Order. They just seemed to be overshadowed by everyone else.

I really enjoyed getting to know more about the stoic Hunter. The scene where he finds out about his past nearly broke my heart. Even after seeing his past and getting to know him I still felt like we were missing something from him. I don't think we really got inside his head and got to know him as a man rather than a no-feeling bred assasin.

As for Corrine, I found her very annoying for the first half of the book. I understand that she went through a very trying ordeal but she was just so helpless and needy. I think that once she was around Hunter she began to open up and became a different person. It just took some time getting there with her.

Hunter and Corrine were great together but I would have liked to have seen more from them. Their HEA just felt rushed and some things felt like they were missing. I understand that the author is setting things up for her next book, but with doing so we lost the connection between the two main characters.

Now with that being said I did enjoy seeing some of the others POV. After reading about Sterling Chase in this book I honestly cannot wait to read his book, especially with the way things were left off. I'm just so anxious for his story. I have been a big fan of Chase's throughout the series and with the turn of events in this book I just can't wait until January.

2 comments :

  1. Hi Danielle,
    I enjoyed your review. It's a coincidence that I just reviewed a book with a protagonist named Hunter, too. "Hunter's Pursuit," by Kim Baldwin.

    Also having a giveaway until this Friday for a good paranormal, check it out on my blog.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Mike. I'll definitely have to make a stop at your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete