in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 11, 2011

ARC Review: Paying The Piper by Rachel Brimble


Paying the Piper started of okay for me, but after a few chapters it just became so monotonous. If I had to hear Grace whine one more time about how it was unfair of her father to sell her mothers bar I was going to shoot myself. Even when Grace found out the reasoning behind it (which in my opinion was valid) she continued to bitch and moan.

Then there is Jimmy, whom I didn't really understand. He seems to be really attracted to Grace and they start to have something and then he just pushes her aside as if she means nothing to him. It just seemed so out of character for what we had previously been shown of him.

My other peeve about this book is the coming together of Grace and Jimmy. From the get go, these two are pretty hot for each other and have some pretty racy thoughts. Then when they finally get together the author shows some pretty hot foreplay and then just cuts to the next scene without showing the actual "coming together." This is one of my biggest pet peeves when reading. If you are going to put everything else in, then why wouldn't you put in the sex scene? Leave out the rest then. It just feels as if it isn't flowing well when that happens.

All in all, this wasn't a horrible book despite the rating. It just wasn't my cup of tea.


Rating:
DNF 



0 comments :

Post a Comment