in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Follow Friday #12

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop put together by two hosts:  Parajunkee and Alison Can Read as a way to help bloggers become aware of other blogs and bloggers. It's a great way to make new blogger friends.


Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

Wow, this is a hard one for me. I used to get really excited whenever any of the books I loved were going to be turned into movies, now not so much. I have seen books that I have loved and cherished, completely ruined because they either cast the wrong people or they changed the plot so that I don't even recognize it anymore. So I honestly don't know what I would pick that I would be okay with "Hollywood" changing. 


Just follow these simple rules to join in on the fun:

  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee Alison Can Read} and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers- The Bookaholic & Starcrossed
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing on Parajunkee's blog.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers.
Thanks for stopping by. =)

11 comments :

  1. I agree with you not wanting to watch the movie. Because sometimes or most of the times the movie would suck. Great answer.
    My FF:
    http://thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true that part of the gift of a book is the use of one's mind to envision the world, at least in part, as they desire. It is why readers are more like travelers then like people watching TV. We might pick the same destination, but our journeys could be completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I know what you mean. It's always nervewracking that Hollywood will ruin a great story.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard isn't it. Even when it's a contemporary story such as One for the Money, there's always the worry that they will hollywood-ize the story. And when it's paranormal I always worry that they won't have the budget to pull off the special effects needed (see the first few hp's for examples)

    I'm still following along. Happy follow friday!

    Tania @ Wandering Hues

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally see where you're coming with that. I've seen a lot of good books become terrible films. :/ Sometimes they work out okay, sometimes not.

    Happy Friday!
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I'm feeling that way about the Stephanie Plum series. It isn't out yet but I've seen trailers and I'm very upset with the casting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that certain books cannot be made into movies, as it would completely ruin them. However, my choice, I think, would be perfect...

    Hopping by... Here's my answer

    Make sure to visit my 100 Followers Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right! Hollywood has recked alot of great books.But sometimes because of the movie someone will pick up the too!
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with you for some things, but some movies that have been adapted from books have been really good! Twilight and Harry Potter off the top of my head. I thought they did a great job with those.

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. Thanks for coming by and visiting. :)
    I used to get really annoyed when my favorite books were turned into movies, but now not so much. I've developed this attitude that they are two different forms of entertainment and I will always cherish the books over the movies no matter what. I get excited for the movies because I like to see the different interpretations and to see it in live action. :) I can always read the book and see my own "movie" in my head the way I want it whenever I want to also. :P Hehe.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    <3
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made a really good point. Hollywood takes a lot of liberty with books and really manipulates the story into what they think will be a money maker and not necessarily staying true to the original story. I was so sad when Sarah Dessen's book(s) were made into How to Deal. They really weren't anything like her novels, which are FANTASTIC and would have been find on their own! So you're definitely right, I'd much rather keep a story to its pages if the big screen is just going to ruin it!

    New Follower!
    My Follow Friday
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete