in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ARC Review: Pride & Passion by Charlotte Featherstone

I admit to being pleasantly surprised by this book. After reading the first book in this series (Scandal & Seduction) I wasn't too excited to read this book. The first book left me with a slightly bad taste, but that definitely was not the case with Pride & Passion. From the first page until the last this book held me enraptured. I was unable to stop reading. This book was just so good.

I love, love, love, loved the Duke of Sussex! I found it so refreshing that he was aware of his feelings toward Lucy and isn't afraid to let anyone know of them. I found that he also would say the sweetest things that would quite knock me off my feet. What girl doesn't want to be told that her man would die for you? I just found him to be so sweet and caring not only to Lucy but to his dear sister. Even though he knows Lucy doesn't exactly want to be with him, he is constantly patient with her and continues to show her why she should be with him.

As for Lucy, I had a far more difficult time warming up to her. I liked her but I just didn't love her. At times she came off a bit whiny and annoying. Her refusal to listen to Adrian and to actually see what a great man he is was infuriating at times. She just always expected the worse of him. And then I found when she does come around to him it just didn't feel natural. One moment she is hating him and the situation that they are in, and then all of a sudden all is forgiven and she is in love. It just didn't seem right. Don't get me wrong, I understand where she is coming from and why she is the way she is, it's just exasperating at times. I will say that I did like that Lucy is fiercely loyal and caring towards others. She cares about others needs regardless of their class or station in life. I just wish she would have opened her eyes toward Adrian a lot sooner.

After reading this book I can't wait to read the next story which is going to be about Alynwick. I find that his character tends to jump off the page when he's around and I'm dying to know more about him and Adrien sister Lizzy. That is a story that I am clamoring for, especially with how Pride & Passion ended.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**
RATING:

1 comments :

  1. I guess the question is whether the Duke is worth dealing with Lucy. He truly sounds wonderful. Thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete