in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: Lord and Lady Spy by Shana Galen

I can't even begin to formulate into words how much I loved this book. This is definitely hands-down my favorite historical that I've read this year. I just couldn't put this book down. From page one to the last page, it's packed with action, romance, and lots of steamy smex scenes.

I experienced so many different emotions reading this book. Not only did it get me all hot and bothered, but it also brought tears to my eyes more than once. It isn't just a book about a husband and wife that are secret spies and working together. No, it's also a tale of said husband and wife coming together to learn how to trust and love one another. We are also shown the heartache and pain that both have faced during the last few years together, but we also see them overcome their pain and grief and become a together unit.

I enjoyed both Lord Adrian and Lady Sophia Smythe. Both are such strong and independent characters that are  simply trying to figure out a way to balance their homes lives with the secret lives they've been living. Neither was aware that the other was working as spy, even though they both were working for the same Barbican Group. When both are let go because the war has ended and they aren't needed, neither really knows what to do with themselves. Both are bored with the life of domesticity and hunger for the adventure and intrigue that being a spy provides. Adrian and Sophia try everything they can to be welcomed back into the Barbican Group. When they are offered a case with the outcome of only one of them being chosen to return to the Barbican Group, they both find it difficult to trust the other. On top of trying to work together on the case, they are also trying to make things better in their marriage. Both are attracted to the other and definitely care for one another, but there is just so much pain and heartache that they are trying to work through.

My favorite part of this book is when Adrian and Sophia are discussing past cases they've worked on and the injuries they sustained over their spy career. I also enjoyed watching them come together. There were so many sparks and chemistry with these two that their scenes together felt as if they jumped off the page. I enjoyed watching these two bring down their walls and learn to trust and truly care for the other. To be honest, I was disappointed to finish this book. I was so invested in this couple and their lives, that I just wanted the book to keep on going. These two were just so electric together.

Honestly though, I am in love with this book and I will shout it from the rooftops if I have to. Everyone should definitely pick up this book. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment