in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

ARC Review: All Things Wicked by Karina Cooper

From the first page to the last, this book was just nonstop action. I found it so hard to put this book down.
The world Karina Cooper has created in this series is amazing. It's so realistic. She just has a way of describing things that make you feel as if you are right there with the characters. Her world and the characters that are apart of it were great. I found myself continuously turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. I wanted to know more about them and their story.

Though I enjoyed this book but I did have some issues with it. This book is not a stand alone book and going into this book I did not know that. I haven't read the previous books in this series so I found myself a little overwhelmed and confused at times. There are a lot of things happening in this book that are direct consequences from things that took place in the previous books. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down, I just wish I knew ahead of time that this book wasn't a stand alone.

I really liked Caleb. He's in your face and sort of a badass. He doesn't make apologies for his behavior, you either take it or leave it. Even with all the hardness comes off of him, I found that with Juliet he was tender. He cares about her and takes care of her even though he promised to stay away from her. I found myself completely intrigued by Caleb. I really enjoyed his character and I found that I enjoyed reading his p.o.v so much more than Juliet's.

With Juliet, I found that I enjoyed her much more in the beginning of the book. Don't get me wrong, I still liked her, but she just came across a lot more soft towards the end. I think everything began to take it's toll on her and she just seemed so helpless towards the end. My favorite part of this book actually takes place in the first chapter when Juliet sneaks into Caleb's room to kill him. But quickly all of the spunk that I sensed in her in the first few chapters seems to just dissipate. She became someone that needed to be saved and it just seemed as if everything was just too much for her to handle.

My biggest issue with the story is the ending. I just felt like it was a bit abrupt. I would have liked it to be a bit longer. It just ends.

Even though I didn't care for the ending and I did feel a bit lost, I will definitely go back and read all the books in this series. I loved Karina's world and her cast of characters. I would love to see how Caleb was in the previous books. I will also be on the lookout for the next book in this series. I really want to know what happens next.

**ARC copy provided by Goddess Fish Promotions**

RATING:

0 comments :

Post a Comment