in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ARC Review: Bared To You by Sylvia Day

After finishing Bared to You I am experiencing a bevy of emotions. It's been a week since I finished this book and I still haven't stopped thinking about it. I'm feigning for more. This book is definitely not for the feint of heart. It's dark and moving with almost all of the characters moving through their lives in a tortured existence. There were some scenes that were difficult to get through, but they helped me to better understand the characters and the emotions that they were feeling.

For the first part of the book I was a little skeptical and I almost put it in the DNF pile. It just seemed to drag and I was not getting a good feel from the characters at all. Eva can't make up her mind about how she feels about Gideon propositioning her and Gideon just comes across as a crazy psycho stalker. I honestly couldn't stand him at first and thought he was an over the top domineering jerk. But once we got to know him a bit better we find out he's an extremely tortured soul who just doesn't really know how to act socially around others. He is so used to people using him for their own gain, that he's never really learned how to open up to others. He has many demons in his closet and they are currently running his life and because of this, he never lets anyone in. That is until he meets Eva.

With Eva there is something different about her, and both Gideon and Eva find it hard to stay away from one another. There is a constant push and pull between the two and to be honest, at times becomes a bit much after awhile. Both feel so strongly towards the other but they just keep pushing each other away, or rather Eva keeps running away.

I felt like Eva is constantly looking for a way out. She claims to love Gideon and wants to be with him but as something happens that she doesn't seem to like she bails. She says one thing but her actions or projecting something else completely. In fact at times I don't really know how I feel about these two. Their relationship is just so volatile at times. I understand both have extremely traumatizing pasts, but I wish they both would have opened up a bit more, or in Eva's case to stop running.

These two are seriously hot together but honestly it's so much more than the sex that kept me turning the pages. I am drawn to both characters and their story. I am rooting for these two. I want them to get the HEA they so deserve. I want them to conquer and overcome the demons of their past and move forward. I am eager to see where their relationship takes them in the next two books and I can't wait to get me hands on them.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |

2 comments :

  1. Your review really makes me want to read this book, Dani! I have it on my TBR already, but I like the way you describe their relationship. I am not usually into books that have tortured relationships (characters, yes), however, this sounds like an emotional ride. :)
    I may have to wait until all 3 are out though because waiting for the next book in a series with the same characters is enough to drive me nuts. Lol. :)
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't stop thinking about it! I think it might be best to wait until they all come out if you don't want to wait. The wait is killing me!

      Delete