in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ARC Review: The Theory of Attraction by Delphine Dryden

This was such a great story! I don't normally read too much BDSM, but I felt like this book had just enough to keep it interesting without it being too much.

Camilla can basically set her watch to her neighbor Ivan's schedule. At any given time during the day she is able to look at the time and know exactly what Ivan is doing, not that she's a stalker or anything...it's just that Ivan is set in his ways and never strays from his set schedule, he likes to be in control at all times. Camilla and Ivan have been neighbors for the last four years and in that time have become good friends. But last year something clicked in Camilla and she finally sees just how sexy Ivan is. Yes, he's awkward and geeky and has crazy OCD, but beneath all of that she sees an extremely sexy guy. When Ivan approaches Camilla asking for assistance in helping to make him more approachable and less socially awkward, she quickly jumps at the chance to help him. Maybe now she can finally make her move and they can go from being just friends.

After they go on a 'dating exercise' Camilla learns just how in control Ivan likes to be. Their friendship quickly morphs into a Dom and Sub relationship with Ivan being the Dom and Camilla quickly learns that Ivan wasn't as predictable as she thought.

I really enjoyed this story and I loved the relationship between both Camilla and Ivan. Yes, I had issues with both sides of Ivan that we saw, but only because it felt like two completely different characters. Though I loved both sides of him, I just would have liked there to be more of a connection between the two. As for Camilla, I really liked her character. I like that she doesn't judge people by their cover, she sees them for who they are.

I found the chemistry between these two was great. I liked that we were able to see them interacting both in and outside of the bedroom so we were able to see how Camilla is with Ivan when he is awkward and geeky. I love that she is so drawn to Ivan despite his awkwardness. I definitely felt the attraction between them both and I thought their scenes together in the bedroom were hot. They just had such great chemistry.

All in all, I really liked this story and I highly recommend it. I will definitely keep on eye out for more from this author in the future.

**ARC copy provided by NetGalley**

Purchase:
| Amazon | Barnes & Noble |

0 comments :

Post a Comment