in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 26, 2013

ARC Review: Protecting What's His by Tessa Bailey


I won't lie, I wasn't really all that excited to start this book. I am so glad that I did though. I adored this book from beginning to end. It was so good and the chemistry between Derek and Ginger was explosive. So hot. I definitely can't wait to read more from this author.

Ginger has always wanted more for herself and her baby sister. Tired of living in the gutter with her drug addict mother she wants to get as far away from Nashville as she can. When she finds $50,000 stashed in her mothers purse, she knows this is the opportunity she's been looking for and that it's just too good to pass up. With the money and her sister in tow, they head to Chicago to start their lives over.

Derek is tired, hungover and having a bad day. He really isn't in the mood to deal with his noisy new neighbors but a person can take only so much before they snap. And snap he does, though Ginger and her sister aren't phased in the least by Derek's outburst. They just continue to go about their business of moving in to their new apartment.

Derek tries to stay annoyed with the girls but the more time he spends around Ginger, the more he realizes just how much he enjoys ruffling her feathers. There is a lot of back and forth banter between the two and lots of dirty talk. Derek is determined to win over Ginger. As for Ginger, she's attracted to Derek but since she's technically on the run for stealing the money from her mother she knows she should stay away from Derek. After a few weeks of the back and forth the two finally give into their attraction and things really heat up. The chemistry between the two is explosive and Derek is so freaking sexy. He's just such an alpha and his dirty talk really worked for me.

I really liked this story though I did have some issues with the way things went down towards the end of the book. Throughout the whole story Ginger is fierce and independent but all of sudden at the end it she looses some of her spark. She makes some stupid choices that just didn't seem to fit with everything we were shown previously.

All in all, I still found this book highly enjoyable and I can't wait to read more from this author.


**ARC provided by publisher**

Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo |



2 comments :

  1. I'm dying to read this one. Especially hearing he's a dirty talker and it actually works. I love when an author can pull that one off. I've read some where they just didn't quite get there and I end up giggling instead. So not what they were going for ;)

    Glad to hear that even with the little blip with her character towards the end it still really worked for you :)


    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I honestly didn't think I was going to like it and I ended up loving it. I'm a sucker for back and forth banter between h/h and these two were great.

      And yeah, his dirty talk came across really well. He's damn sexy! I can't wait to hear what you think.

      Delete