in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 13, 2013

ARC Review: Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely


Right now I don't have enough words to tell you how much I really loved reading this book! I absolutely devoured this one. I knew I should try to slow down and really savor it, but sadly I just couldn't help myself and had to keep going until it was finished. I have been hearing great things about Lauren Blakely's Caught Up In Us series, and so when I got the opportunity to read this one I jumped. I wasn't sure how well I would be able to get into this one since it is book number three in the series, but they are all stand alone so I figured I would give it a shot. I didn't have a single problem getting into this story or feeling as though I was lost. I am now a huge fan of Blakely's and I cannot wait to read more from her starting with the beginning of this series.

Jill is a theater star who has been acting not only on stage but also in her everyday life. She is haunted by a secret she has been carrying for six years. When she auditions for a new part, she is introduced to hotshot director Davis Milo. Davis and Jill are instantly more than just your average director and his leading lady. They have a connection right from the start that has them bantering and becoming familiar with each other. But the more rehearsals they spend together, the more their attraction to each other becomes something that neither one of them can resist. Jill is determined to make her co-star Patrick fall in love with her, and Davis doesn't date actresses after a bad break-up years before. Davis and Jill begin to realize that the kisses and scenes they act out together are more than just for the show, but real feelings are starting to develop. As the lines start to blur, Jill and Davis struggle to let go of their pasts and take the risk with each other to have a future together that neither of them ever saw coming.

Let me just start by saying that Davis Milo is hot with a capital H! He is sexy and possessive and a complete alpha. He is irresistible and I loved that he talked dirty! But beyond the sexiness, he is encouraging and supportive. I loved that he couldn't help but be honest with Jill, often times saying things that he didn't intend to. He really didn't want to let her in after being hurt in the past, but their connection and chemistry was so strong that he just couldn't help himself. Jill was sweet and vulnerable. I really liked watching her grow and change as she healed from her past with the help of Davis. She was such a likable character that it was easy to see how much Davis was drawn to her. Davis and Jill has so much chemistry between them it was off the charts hot. These two couldn't keep their hands off each other and Blakely did such a great job writing these two. The scenes are vivid and there is a tension around them so thick that it feels so real. The whole time I was reading this I felt as though these two might explode with the need and passion they felt, they were so combustible. Davis and Jill were so real and their relationship was easy to believe in. I not only loved their sex scenes, but they also has an ease about their relationship that was so much fun to read about. They were playful with each other and I honestly think that there couldn't have been two characters who were more perfect for each other.

This book was fantastic. It had absolutely everything I could possibly ask for when i'm looking for a book to read. I know that this book will be one that I read over and over. I just want to keep basking in the love between Davis and Jill. This one has definitely found its way into my favorites list. These two really generated the heat and steam, but also had me laughing and enjoying their story as they fell for each other. I loved the characters and found them to be likable and interesting. The storyline was different than anything I've read and I absolutely loved that we got an ending with this one. I'm not sure I could have handled a cliffhanger with these two, and it was so nice to have them get the happily ever after that they both deserved. I absolutely recommend that you read this one. It is quick and sexy while also being fun and playful. Jill and Davis definitely bring the romance and I am in love with their story! Lauren Blakely has just gained a new fan and I cannot wait to read more of her stories, starting with the first books in this series. I am so excited to read about some of the characters from this book and get their stories as well as see what she has in store for future books.

**ARC provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment