in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: The Wild Ones by M. Leighton


I have been a fan of M. Leighton's ever since reading about Cash and Nash in her Bad Boys Series, so I was really excited to read more from her. The Wild Ones sounded like it would be right up my alley, and I thought that this book was enjoyable. I did have a few problems with this book, but I really loved Cami and Trick as well as the secondary characters. They were all interesting and likable. I did feel that these characters were a bit immature at times, but I think part of that is due to their age. This story is a quick good read though, and I am excited to read more in this series.

Cami has had a good life. She has never wanted for anything since her dad is a successful thoroughbred breeder. She has a good boyfriend and plans to run her dad's business after she finishes school. But a chance meeting one night while out with her friend Jenna changes everything. When Patrick "Trick" spills beer on Cami, they both instantly feel an attraction stronger than anything they have ever felt before. But Trick works for Cami's dad, and has been warned to stay away from her. Needing to keep his job in order to help his mom and sister, Trick and Cami try to stay away from each other. But the more they run into each other, the less possible that seems. They decide to try and be friendly with each other, but the more they get to know each other the less they are able to fight their chemistry. They finally give in to each other and things look like they will work out. But when past secrets are revealed and truths come out, they realize that there are more obstacles standing in their way than they ever dreamed of. Can they somehow have a relationship together, or will the things they have no control of keep them from the connection they both feel is stronger than any they have ever had before?

I really liked Trick. He was funny and charming, determined and driven. He was a great guy who would do whatever it took in order to support his family. I loved how he took care of them and sacrificed so much for them, when so many guys his age wouldn't. He was just a really great hero that you want to root for from the very first page. I really liked Cami. She seemed like someone that would be a lot of fun to hang out with in real life. She was sweet and caring and was a great friend. I really liked that all though she was privileged she treated everyone the same and not as though others were beneath her. Cami and Trick had a ton of chemistry and I really felt their connection was believable and real. I could clearly see how hard it was for both of them to fight their feelings and attraction to each other. What I didn't care for with them was the constant back and forth. I realize that there was a lot standing in their way, and I understood why they tried to avoid having anything happen between them. But after awhile it just seemed to be too much. I found myself losing interest because it was just so much that it started to seem unrealistic.

Overall, I think this book was a good read. I was hoping for Trick and Cami to get their HEA, and I wasn't disappointed with how things turned out. M. Leighton is a wonderful writer and she really has a way of writing characters that you fall in love with. The Wild Ones was no exception, I just wish there had been less of a push and pull and we could have had more of Trick and Cami together. There wasn't a ton of physical interactions between the two of them and I would have liked to see more steamy scenes, but the ones we did get were everything that I have come to expect from M. Leighton. They were hot and sexy and extremely well written. The Wild Ones was a great love story and I really believed in the relationship between Cami and Trick. They were great together and really seemed to be everything  you would expect a great couple to be. I think this is a very promising start to her Wild One's series, and I'm excited to get more of all these characters. I can't wait to read more about Cami's friend Jenna and Trick's friend Rusty in the next book, The Wild Child. I would recommend this book for those who like New Adult and Contemporary Romance stories. Especially if you enjoy a series with connected characters.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



1 comments :