in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

ARC Review: Let It Be Me by Toni Aleo


This review isn't easy for me to write. Let it be Me left me feeling extremely emotional and the whole book was filled with ups and downs. There were parts that I really liked, but there were also parts that I had some issues with. I went into this book after reading the blurb, and even though I knew what it was about, it was just different than I expected.  It's hard for me to put it into words without going into too many details and spoiling everything, but I guess I was expecting a little more romance and love. While this story was inspiring and about a girl learning to love herself and become stronger, I just felt as though it was more about her and her struggles than anything else. Even though it does end happily, I feel like it was kind of drawn out and pretty predictable getting there.

I really loved Tucker. I thought that he was extremely sweet and an absolutely great guy. He was protective and caring and impossibly understanding. I thought Tucker really had the patience of a saint. He was genuinely nice and everything you could hope for in a man. He was one of those guys that even though he is extremely handsome, he is even more so because of his personality. Truthfully, I had my ups and downs with Violet. I have never been in a situation like her, and I found it really hard to relate to her. We are complete opposites in personality, and although I can never understand having to deal with what she did, I just didn't understand her. I thought that her character was well written and I understood some of why she did the things she did, but I just personally didn't connect with her character. I thought that it was great that towards the end of the book she started waking up and made some decisions that I thought were great. It was inspiring to see her take her life back and find her purpose in helping others. I think that she underestimated how strong she was, so it was nice to see her get there with the help of Tucker. I never doubted their attraction to each other and that they cared about each other. But I also didn't fully believe that their connection was as strong as it was so quickly. I just didn't really feel like it was that real that quick. I think part of the problem was Violet and her actions. I did think that Tucker and Violet were great together and extremely sweet though. I was hoping that they would get through everything and end up together in the end, so I was happy about that.

Another problem I had was the epilogue. There was something that was mentioned in there that did not make any sense to me at all. I don't know how to say what it is without spoiling the ending, but with everything that had happened I just found that part to be extremely unbelievable. Besides that problem though, It was nice to see Violet and Tucker had finally got their HEA. I was also really glad that Violet had gone after what she wanted and was helping others escape and get past the same type of situations that she had experienced. I wish that we had been able to see more of Tucker and Violet happy and developing their relationship. I felt like we missed out on a lot of them. I realize that they got to know each other while she was still married, but it would have been nice to see more of them after everything was over as they really started their relationship together.

Overall, I liked this book. I know it sounds like a lot of stuff I didn't like, but I just think that it was so different from what I had expected. Yes there is love and a happy ending, but i'm not sure that I would call this book a romance. I think if I wouldn't have been expecting a romance, it would have changed my whole take on this book. I still would have had some issues with the story, but I think I would have taken it for more of what it is. This book is all about how you can end up in a place you never expected and be broken and beaten down. But its also about how with some help and determination you can pick yourself up again and start to heal. At the heart of this story, you really see how important self-love is and how you should never be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I think that there are a lot of people who will really like this story. This book is a good story, but it isn't your typical romance and shouldn't be thought of as such. There are some very serious and adult things that happen in this story and there are a lot of dark moments. If you are looking for a light and quick read, this is not the story you are looking for. Luckily for the reader though, the story does end well and the characters reach a really good place that is a satisfying finish to the book.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment