in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 28, 2013

ARC Review: Torn by Kim Karr


Torn is the second book in Kim Karr's Connections series and should be read after Connected. These books are not standalone and should be read in the correct series order, so if you haven't read Connected yet you should start there and avoid the rest of this if you don't want to see any spoilers. Ever since I finished Connected, I have been waiting for Torn. I have been anxious about this story and while I have been looking forward to reading more of River and Dahlia's story, I was still a little nervous about Torn. Kim Karr did not disappoint with Torn though, and in fact she exceeded any and all expectations that I had. She has written a beautiful story that I just couldn't put down, even though I was trying to pace myself and savor this book.

Torn picks up right where we left off with Connected, and the reader is not left hanging after the huge bombshell of a cliffhanger. Now that we know Ben is not really dead and has returned home, River and Dahlia are both left to wonder what the future holds for all of them. Dahlia thought that Ben was the one for her, but after his death she reconnected with River and they discovered a connection unlike anything they had ever felt before. Even though Dahlia needs to know about what really happened with Ben, she is committed to River and determined to show him that Ben being back changes nothing between them. Even though River knows how Dahlia feels about him, he is also afraid that now that Ben is back things will change. With Ben determined to get back everything he had before, including Dahlia, will River and Dahlia be able to get through everything and have a future together? Or will the obstacles in their way tear them apart?

I didn't think it was possible to love River any more than I had in Connected, but Torn made me fall even harder for him. He is so sweet and thoughtful and I loved getting to know him even better. It was really great to get even more depth to his character and see just how much he felt for Dahlia. I loved that he was always there supporting her, and his commitment to her was so nice to see. Even though he was clearly struggling with everything that was going on and his fear of losing her, I loved how he fought every step of the way and refused to give up. Poor Dahlia. I felt so bad for her. Here she has been through heartbreak and is finally starting to move on with the man she is supposed to be with, and Ben shows back up. Then she loses the closest thing she has left to a mother. How much can one girl take? It was nice to see how much stronger she was this time though. You could really tell just how much growth her character has done since we first met her in Connected though, and although she did lean on the support of River and her friends, she really dealt with things better. River and Dahlia's connection was already strong, but after all the things they had been dealt in this story they came out even stronger. Not only were all the emotions there, but they continue to be so sexy hot together. They are absolutely the perfect pair, and I loved reading every bit of their story together.

Overall, this book and series just keep getting better! I love River and Dahlia, but I also love the other characters as well. I am so excited to read more from Kim Karr, and I cannot wait to get to know all the other characters better. These books are extremely well written and bring everything that I look for in a great story. There is steam and sex, but then you also get the sweetness and emotions that make any great love story worth reading. I know that River and Dahlia will always be a favorite couple of mine, and I am sad that this was the last of them. I hope we get to see some of them in the rest of this series, because I have come to love and feel so connected to these characters. Kim Karr has created some very interesting and likable characters that are impossible not to feel invested in. If you have yet to read Torn or Connected, you are absolutely missing out. This series is fantastic, and you will absolutely fall in love with these characters just like I have. Kim Karr is definitely becoming a favorite author of mine, and her books are a must read.

**ARC provided by NetGalley**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book DepositoryKobo | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment