in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 11, 2013

Review: Act Like You Love Me by Cindi Madsen


Act Like You Love Me is the Second Novel in Cindi Madsen's Accidentally In Love Series. This one is a standalone and you do not need to have read the first book in the series to understand or enjoy this story. This book fits into the Bliss line from Entangled perfectly. It is a quick and light story, with a mild amount of steam. I had a good time reading this one and I thought that the characters were likable. There were a few things that kept this one from being a home-run for me, but otherwise I found it to be enjoyable.

Although Brynn has outgrown most of her drama nerd ways, she still enjoys acting and participating in theater. But she is now more confident after leaving high school behind and having a friend who helped make her over. When her high school crush Sawyer shows up back in town and ends up as the director in the play she is currently starring in though, she will do pretty much anything to keep him from finding out she is the geek he had once turned down. Sawyer is determined to get to know Brynn better though and he has no idea who she really is. Brynn decides that since Sawyer is leaving soon anyways that she will practice her flirting skills and enjoy the little time they have together before he leaves town again. But when all her feelings for him return and grow deeper than anything she thought she once felt, she begins to worry that maybe he means more than just a temporary good time. Sawyer is not one to commit for many reasons, but as he gets to know Brynn better he just can't help but start picturing a future with her in it. When the truth comes out will they be able to move on from the past and have a future together though?

I liked Sawyer. I thought that he was thoughtful and sweet. I liked that he was just one of those good guys despite having gained some success in his career. He was good to his mom and also to Brynn, and you just couldn't help but want to root for him. I liked seeing that he was a little bit vulnerable after everything that he had experienced with his dad's illness and the bad breakup he had. Although he made some wrong decisions because of those things, you could tell that he was trying to protect himself and do what he thought that he needed to. I liked Brynn for the most part. She was fun and quirky, and I liked that even though she was trying to tone herself down a bit, her personality always came through. I liked that she was a bit awkward even after she had grown up, and she was who she was. It was nice to see a heroine who isn't so put together, but is more of your everyday girl next door. It was easy for me to believe in her because she seemed real to me. I do wish that there had been a bit more development as far as the chemistry and connection between Sawyer and Brynn went. I felt like by the time that the truth came out, that there was still a lot that they didn't really know about each other. I felt their attraction to each other, but it would have been nice to see a bit more as far as the physicality of their relationship went. I just felt it was missing a bit, and to me that would have made their relationship more realistic.

I also wish that Brynn would have opened up to Sawyer and told him the truth before it all came out. I understand why the author chose to have things turn out the way they did and that there needed to be conflict. But I started to get irritated at how much she started lying and omitting the truth. It was one thing to let him assume at first and to try and protect herself because she was embarrassed about the things that happened in high school. But when she admitted that she loved him, it just seemed like she should have been able to be honest at that point rather than keep dragging things out. Because of these things there were times that I just didn't really like Brynn and I thought that although somewhat understandable, she was somewhat immature and too hung up on the past. I did like how everything ended up though, and I thought that this one was a cute read that ended happily. Although I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first book in the series, I thought that this was a good addition to the series. I enjoyed seeing Dani and Wes some, and it was nice to get a bit more of Paul. I think that readers who enjoy a good sweet romance will enjoy not only this story, but also this series. I like reading about characters that are connected, and I think its always nice to get glimpses of them after they get their HEA. So if that is something that you enjoy, I would definitely recommend that you give this one and this series a shot. These stories are short and sweet, and they have likable characters that will keep you turning the pages.

**Copy provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |



0 comments :

Post a Comment