in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 27, 2013

Review: Everything I've Never Had by Lynetta Halat


I really enjoyed this book! It was a great read and kept me interested from the very first page. Everything I've Never Had is definitely an emotional read and there were many ups and downs. At some points my heart was literally breaking for these characters and I felt it so strongly because Lynetta Halat did such a great job drawing the reader in so that we become extremely invested. The characters are amazingly deep and and seemed so real to me. They were fantastic and I found them to be impossible not to fall in love with. I hadn't ever read anything by Halat before, but I can tell you that I will be reading more from her in the future. I loved her writing style and this book was written beautifully.

After losing her husband, Celeste is left to raise her three boys alone. She has always done what her family tells her to, even if she wants something else. Adrian steps in to help Celeste with the boys after his cousin Tripp's death and they settle into a very close relationship. They are best friends, but there has always been an attraction between them. They have always fought to keep it under control, but after a passionate kiss one night things change between them. Despite their strong feelings for each other and off the charts chemistry, there are so many reasons that they shouldn't be together. But when two people have such a strong connection, how can they possibly stay away from each other? Will they let the obstacles that stand in their way ruin their future together or will they fight for the love they feel and come out stronger than ever?

I loved Adrian. I really can't say enough about him. Not only is he a sexy Marine, but he is also a rocker. But he is also sweet and caring while being protective of those he loves. I loved how he was with not only Celeste but also her boys. It was so refreshing to see a guy step in and really man up in order to help someone out. There aren't a lot of guys who would have done what he did for Celeste and her boys. Especially since he was younger than her by eight years. I loved how thoughtful he was. Celese is strong and determined. She is a great mom and was extremely loyal. I loved that she fought for Adrian and refused to let him get away with some of the things he tried. These two were perfect for each other, and it was clear from the start that they were meant to be together. Not only were they sweet together, but they were super hot! These two really generated an enormous amount of steam and I loved that what they had was so special that they took it a little slow before just jumping into bed with each other. You could tell just how much every kiss and touch meant to both of them. It was really great watching them come to terms with their feelings and begin their future together.

Overall this book was pretty fantastic. There were a few things that I didn't love about it, which kept it from being a five star rating for me. But these things were pretty minor. I felt there was a little too much back and forth and feelings of being unworthy before they finally got to a good point and could admit to wanting to be together. I felt like there was already enough going on angst wise that they really didn't need that much indecision about their relationship. I also didn't really like how they kept saying they had to stay apart because of the family and then when it came down to it and they found out about their relationship, there really wasn't much fallout. It just felt a bit anticlimactic for me. But these are extremely small gripes and other than those few things, I really loved this story. This book is beautiful and emotional and is a great romance that I believe is a must read. These characters and the writing really draw you in and you don't want to stop reading until you have turned the last page. I was honestly sad when this book was finished, because I wanted more of Adrian and Celeste. If you haven't read this one yet, you should absolutely check it out!

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment