in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 23, 2014

ARC Review: A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers


A Little Too Hot is the third book in Lisa Desrocher's A Little Too Far New Adult series. I have been a fan of this series since I first read Lexie and Trent's story. These books have interconnected characters, but can all be read as a stand-alone. I highly recommend that you start at the beginning though as these books are all amazing reads that you do not want to miss. I will admit that this book absolutely shocked me in a totally good way. I went into this book knowing what a great writer Desrochers is, and what amazing characters she has introduced us to so far. That being said though, I will also admit that I was pretty judgmental when it came to Sam's character and wasn't sure how this one was going to go for me. Needless to say, I gave it a chance and was blown away by this one! I love Lexie and Trent and didn't think it was possible to surpass their story, but I think that Sam and Harrison just might be my new favorite couple!

Sam has had a really rough go of it lately. She got dumped only to find out that her boyfriend was in love with his stepsister. Then she flunked out of college and got kicked out by her parents. She was staying with her friend until her friend's parents asked her to leave. With no job and nowhere to go, Sam turns to her best friend Jonathan. Jonathan gets her a job at a gentleman's club as an exotic dancer and lets her stay on his couch. Sam's first night on the job starts off with a bang and she thinks that she spots Trent her ex in the crowd. She quickly finds out that it isn't Trent, but an even better looking guy named Harrison that she instantly feels a connection to. The club has rules set in place, but Harrison makes her want to break every one of them. The more that Sam and Harrison get to know each other the harder it becomes for both of them to fight their attraction. But Harrison isn't who she thinks she is and all of a sudden Sam's life is falling apart all over again. With everything that has happened, Sam knows that she should stay far away from Harrison. But she can't help but feel like there is something between them worth risking her heart for.

I loved Harrison. He was smart and unbelievably sexy. He was also sweet and thoughtful. I loved how he really looked out for Sam and went out of his way to do nice things for her. Even though he had intense feelings for her, he tried to do the right thing when it came to her. You could tell that he really fought to keep himself in control when that was the last thing he wanted to do. Sam was so much different than I first thought. I feel like because of how her character was introduced in A Little Too Far that I was automatically assuming the worst about her and that I really had her completely pegged wrong. I loved seeing a whole new and deeper side to her, including how strong her feelings for Trent were and just how hurt she was by everything. It really brought out the softer side of her and made me realize just how much her character had been through. I really liked seeing her with Harrison, and I thought that they were really perfect together. They had a lot to deal with, and yet they really seemed to handle everything that came up for them really well together. I liked seeing them get to really know one another and I loved the easy and natural connection they had. These two had some of the strongest chemistry I have ever read about, and they absolutely sizzled the entire way through this book. They had so much tension and attraction between them, and they were super hot together.

Overall, I really was surprised just how much I ended up loving this book. Sam was absolutely the last character I ever expected to connect with, and I found myself being drawn in from page one and instantly invested in her story. I loved how things played out with her and Harrison, and I have to admit that I absolutely did not see that twist coming! I really thought that it would always be Lexie and Trent that would stick with me of all the characters from this series, and it was really nice to see them briefly in this story. But I know that Sam and Harrison will definitely be the ones that I go back and reread over and over again. There is just something about these two that really made me fall in love right along with them. This book is probably the best of the series in my opinion, and that is saying something considering just how great the other two books are! This series is absolutely not to be missed, and you need to read these if you haven't already. I have heard that this is the last book in the series, but I just keep hoping that Lisa Desrochers will change her mind and decide to continue it. I am just not ready to let all these characters go, and I would read absolutely anything about them that she writes. That being said though, I will be looking forward to whatever she does write in the future as I have become such a fan of hers after reading these books. These books have so much to offer and they grab your attention right away and the next thing you know the book is over. I absolutely devoured this series and adore the characters in these books, and they have definitely left me with a huge book hangover.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment