in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 30, 2014

ARC Review: Mended by Kim Karr


Mended is the third book in the Connections series by Kim Karr, and features Xander Wilde. If you have read the first two books in the series, Xander is the manager for the Wilde Ones and is River's brother. I have to admit that while I have loved this series so far, I was a bit skeptical when it came to Xander's story. He wasn't always my favorite character in the first two books, and I wasn't sure if I would end up liking him. I have to say that he completely won me over though, and I really enjoyed his story. You can read this one as a standalone, but I would really suggest starting at the beginning of the series.

After River quit the band in order to be closer to his wife Dahlia, Xander is left to manage the band the Wilde Ones and they find a new lead singer. But at the start of the tour the lead singer ends up having problems with his vocal cords that force him to leave the band. Without a lead singer, the tour would be cancelled and the band would be over. When Ivy Taylor offers to go out on tour as the temporary lead singer the band quickly gets behind the idea, but Xander knows it could be a recipe for disaster. Ivy Taylor is the only girl he has ever loved, and things ended badly years before. Ivy is engaged to Damon Wolf her controlling agent, and knows that she isn't happy with him. She never should have agreed to marry him, and Xander reappearing in her life makes that all the more clear. The attraction and connection is still there between her and Xander, and things start to heat up between them the more time they spend together. But with all the current obstacles in their way as well as secrets from their past, can they find away to move forward together?

Xander really surprised me. He had not been my favorite character, and I think a lot of that was because of how he had been with Dahlia in the first two books. But in Mended, he was so much better with her and he seemed to finally understand the relationship between her and River. It was nice to see him treating her well and looking out for her. He was also deeper than he appears at first glance. He was with women casually, but he wasn't a player and because of his love for Ivy he was never able to move on. I understood his reasons for everything that had happened, but it was hard to see him let her assume things and not tell her the truth. It was sweet to see his feelings for her had never wavered though, and that he had done what he thought was best for her. Ivy was easy to like and want to root for. At first when you see her with Damon, you don't really understand why she has made the choices that brought her to her current situation. But as you get to know her better you see what a great person she is. She sacrificed for her family, and went out of her way to provide for them. She had thought that Xander betrayed her, and was heartbroken because of that. But she was determined and found a way to move forward. I really admired that about her, and it was easy to see what Xander saw in her. I thought that Ivy and Xander had an undeniable connection, and they had a ton of chemistry between them. They were perfect for each other, and I loved that they had so much history together.

Overall, I thought that this book was really good and was a nice addition to the series. There were a few parts that I thought were a bit slow, but I was still interested in finding out what happened next because I loved Xander and Ivy. I really enjoy second chance love stories, and this one was especially good. It was nice to see more of the characters from the past books, and catch up to where they were in their lives. I think what I loved the most about this story though was that the majority of it was told from Xander's POV. We get some of Ivy's POV, but it really made things so much more clear being told from Xander's and I think that was part of what really made me warm up to his character this time around. It was interesting to see his thoughts and feelings and see how he experienced everything. His character had been on such a journey, and it was great to see how he progressed from the eighteen year old boy in love with Ivy to the man he had become. I highly recommend this series, and it is one of my absolute favorites! These books are so good, and I love that they are all so different. This series is one that I would definitely consider every book a must read, and each one is as good as the last one. Kim Karr is definitely an author that I would auto-buy regardless of the book, and I can't wait to read more from her!

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment