in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ARC Review: Various States of Undress: Carolina by Laura Simcox


Various States of Undress: Carolina is my first Laura Simcox book, and I really enjoyed it! This book was such a sweet and easy read that I just kept reading until I had finished the entire book. I really loved that this book had romance and some humor to it, and it was the perfect light read that I was looking for. I can't wait to read more in this series and from Laura Simcox in the future!

After Carolina Fulton, daughter of the President of the United States, finds her fiance cheating on her she decides that she needs a break. She heads out to her family's cabin in Wyoming and ends up getting snowed in with her super hot Secret Service agent Jake. Carolina had fantasized about him for months, and with just the two of them being locked in a cabin alone things quickly heat up between them. But as they explore the attraction and chemistry between them, feelings begin to grow as they get to know each other. They both know that their relationship has a deadline, and that as things currently stand they are unable to have any kind of future together. But with Carolina's interest in school changing and Jake's long forgotten dream of a career in baseball, can the two of them risk everything by changing the path their lives are on and taking a chance on each other?

I really loved both Jake and Carolina. I thought that they were both great, and I was rooting for them from the very start. Both Jake and Carolina are sweet and open, and I loved how easy things were between them. Their relationship was so natural, and the only real issues or drama that they had were outside influences. It was really refreshing to see a hero and heroine that could be honest and discuss their feelings and to find a relationship that was constantly being dragged down by drama and angst. Jake and Carolina had great chemistry together and you could feel their attraction. But they clicked emotionally as well, and I thought that they had a really strong connection between them. They were able to be themselves with each other, and I think that they were the perfect match for the other.

Overall, I thought that this book was really good and I loved Jake and Carolina. I did feel that even though I enjoyed that there wasn't a lot of drama, that the conflict was a little weak. Their only real problem was that their current circumstances kept them from a relationship and that was easily fixed. I kept waiting for something else to happen, and it never did. I was expecting an attack or something that just never came. But honestly this book was still good, and I really liked that it was such a sweet and easy read. I would recommend this one to Contemporary fans looking for a true romance with little to no drama or complications. This one was easy to get lost in and the little bits of humor and playfulness balanced perfectly with the sweet and sexy. Carolina and Jake's relationship is worth the read, and I am looking forward to reading about Carolina's sisters in the future.

**ARC Provided by Edelweiss**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |




0 comments :

Post a Comment