in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

ARC Review: Addicted by Tracy Wolff


Addicted is the second book about Ethan Frost and Chloe Girard and should only be read after you have read Ruined. Beware there will be spoilers from Ruined in this review and that you should stop reading if you don't want to know anything. If you have read any of my reviews of her books before, you know that I am a huge Tracy Wolff fan. Pretty much everything that she has written I have read and absolutely loved at this point. That being said, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Addicted because I loved Ethan so much in Ruined. He is one of my all time favorite characters, and I couldn't wait for more of him. However after reading Addicted, I felt like this wasn't what I had been expecting or waiting for. This book left me with mixed feelings, and I can honestly say that is the first time that has ever happened with a Tracy Wolff book for me.

Addicted picks up right where Ruined left off, and Chloe and Ethan are just patching things up when she answers the door to his place and comes face to face with her rapist Brandon. Chloe quickly learns that Brandon is Ethan's half brother. Even though Chloe and Ethan love each other, his family situation changes everything between them. Chloe is reminded of her painful past just by looking at Ethan, and it is hard for her to accept that his family is responsible for getting away with such a horrible act. Ethan is determined to prove to Chloe that their love is stronger than their past and that he is willing to fight for her and be what she needs. But can Chloe let go of everything and move forward with Ethan, or will there just be too much between them to have a future together?

I absolutely adore Ethan. I have loved him since the beginning, and that hasn't changed at all. He continues to show what a great guy he is, and I really loved that he never gave up on Chloe. He was so thoughtful and sweet with her, and he tried to be exactly what she asked for and needed. He was always watching out for her and did everything he could to protect and take care of her. I love his little gifts for her that show exactly how well he knows her and that he is constantly thinking of her. Chloe on the other hand was the majority of my problem with this book. She was so wishy washy and was constantly running. I hated that she didn't seem to allow Ethan to explain things or talk to her and then she would get mad because of it. She was so hot and cold in this book, and even her best friend mentioned the whiplash that it gave her. I completely agreed with her friend, and as a reader the whiplash got old rather quickly. I thought that Ethan and Chloe still had amazing chemistry and a great bond, but I was tired of seeing her try to throw that away only to come right back.

I also thought that there were details in this book that weren't consistent with the first. They were small things, but it was noticeable for fans of Ruined and it was kind of distracting to me. My other problem with this story was that although a lot of questions were answered and we get an epilogue to see how things turned out, it felt like a lot was still up in the air after this book. I wanted to know if anything ever happened with Brandon. Did he get what was coming to him or did he just get away with everything and continue having a great life with no consequences. What happened with Ethan's mother. Did he continue to speak to her after everything she did and how did she affect Chloe and Ethan's relationship going forward. What happened with Chloe's family, especially her brother Miles? I just felt like this book was unfinished, and that we were still left wondering about so much. If I knew there was going to be another book that tied everything up, I think my rating and liking of this book would have been better. The way things were done at the end though, I have to believe that this was the conclusion to their story and that just wasn't the satisfying ending that I had been expecting and hoping for. I still recommend these books though because Ethan Frost is worth the read alone. He really came into his own with this story, and that was honestly the bright spot of this whole book. I loved seeing him grow into his alpha tendencies without being a controlling jerk. He was smart and sexy, and commanding in a totally hot way. Tracy Wolff is a great writer and I think that her books are definitely worth checking out. Despite my feelings on this book, I will continue to read anything of hers that I can get my hands on in the future.

**ARC Provided by Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment