in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

ARC Review: Until We Fly by Courtney Cole


Until We Fly is the fourth book in the Beautifully Broken series by Courtney Cole. These books have interconnected characters but can be read as standalones. This is Brand Killien's story, and I absolutely loved him. I have been waiting to get his story since I read If You Leave, because I absolutely fell in love with him in that book. As with all the books in this series, the characters are dealing with some really tough issues and this one wasn't always easy to get through. But these books are so good that it is worth it to give them the chance.

Brand Killien is an ex-Army Ranger, and though he has been successful with his career he has never believed he was good enough. He wasn't good enough for his friend Jacey, and she left him with a broken heart. When Brand gets a call from his mother saying that his father passed away, he returns home to Angel Bay despite the childhood that he had. But when he arrives and things quickly go from bad to worse he is left injured and in need of a place to stay and help with his daily tasks. Nora Greene has always wanted Brand Killien. She has watched him for years over the summers she was at Angel Bay even if he never noticed her since she was younger than him. But when he saves her life and ends up getting hurt, she thinks its the perfect opportunity to get him to finally see her. Nora intends to spend the summer hooking up with Brand before she goes to work for her father. But Nora is running from something terrible that is determined not to let her go. Brand and Nora grow closer over their time together, but with so many secrets still between them can they possibly have any kind of future beyond the end of summer?

I loved Brand. He is sexy and sweet, and just a really great guy. He had grown up in a really bad situation at home, but he was determined and successful. He relied on his friends and their family to help him get through and came out better even if he still had issues because of it. I loved that he was determined to show Nora that she was worth more than how she was acting at times and that women should be treated with respect. He was strong and capable even when he was dealing with injury, and I loved that he just went about his life as best he could without letting it get him down. Nora annoyed me at times, but for the most part I liked her. At the beginning she was acting extremely desperate and was literally throwing herself at Brand. It was pretty ridiculous and honestly it made me not want to like her at all. Even after several times of him telling her she was better than that she continued to do so and then would get all indignant when he told her she was acting like a whore. But she finally woke up and saw that she didn't need to act like that, and that is when I finally started to like her. Just like Brand, she had been dealing with a lot and she felt like she wasn't good enough. Where Brand didn't have any parents that were good, she at least had her mom. But it was good to see her start to really lean on Brand as well as help him get over his past as well. They were able to be the support the other needed, and they were perfect for each other. I was glad that they helped each other heal, and I think that their relationship was so real and strong because of it. They also had a ton of chemistry and were really great together.

Overall, I liked this book a lot. I have to say that this is probably my favorite of the series. I just loved Brand from the moment that I first read about him, and I have been waiting for his HEA ever since. I never felt like Jacey was right for him, but it was hard to see him be so upset over her. I felt so badly for everything that he had to experience, but I am so glad that he finally got the woman that he needed and deserved. Things worked out exactly as they were meant to, and it made him who he is. It was also really nice to see previous characters again, and get caught up with where they were at this point. I really enjoy this series, and this book was a great addition. Courtney Cole has a way of playing with your emotions and running you through the wringer and yet at the end you can't help but sit back and love everything she just put you through. These books are really good and are definitely worth the read. I would highly recommend this series and would suggest that you start with the beginning but it isn't necessary. These books are just so good though, and it is really great to see how all the characters are linked and how they get to where they are. This one was another winner, and I look forward to reading more from Courtney Cole in the future.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





1 comments :

  1. Good to know that it can be read out of order! It sounds awesome, Casey!

    ReplyDelete