in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ARC Review: Wicked Innocence by Missy Johnson


I have to admit I was really intrigued by the blurb and cover of this book. I knew that this one was going to be one that I would definitely have some strong opinions on. Wicked Innocence by Missy Johnson seemed like it was going to be all about the taboo and sexy and completely naughty which I was really excited about. This story ended up being different than I expected though, and while I enjoyed it there were some things that I had issues with.

Micah is the new lead singer of the band Resurrection. She left home at the age of 14 and has lied about her age ever since. Even though her ID says that she is 21, she is actually only 17. Joining the band she immediately meets their manager Saxon Waite. He is the ex bad boy of rock, and is 25. Growing up with posters of him on her wall, Micah is excited to be working with him. When they head out on tour, the end up bonding right away and grow close quick. The attraction between them is something that neither of them can fight no matter how hard they try. But Micah knows that everything between them as well as with the band could be ruined if the truth came out. Even though she doesn't want to lie to him and continues to feel more guilty by the day, how can she ever tell him the truth?

I really loved Saxon. He was sweet and sexy, and I loved his personality. He was great with Micah right away, and you could tell that they had a connection right from the start. He had been through so much with his fame and life at such a young age that he made some bad decisions and ended up paying the price. He was struggling with guilt and with a family that blamed him for a lot of things. I was really glad that he was able to start to heal though and move forward with his life. Micah was strong and determined, and I couldn't believe how much independence she had at such a young age. She had such a good head on her shoulders despite everything, and while I didn't agree with everything she did I understood where she was coming from. I really liked her with Saxon, and I thought that he was really good for her. She was running from her past, and it was good for her to connect with someone and have him help her move forward. I thought that they had a lot of chemistry and that they were really hot together.

While this book did have steamy moments and it was sexy, I thought that this one ended up being much sweeter than I had expected. I had been hoping for more of the taboo and naughty sexy bits, and it wasn't like that for the most part. While Micah wasn't a sweet virgin, she also wasn't totally wicked either. I guess I had just been hoping for more wicked like the name of the book implied. I also kept thinking that Micah was a weird name for a girl spelled the way it was, and I kept having to remind myself that Micah was the heroine. I think that might just be a personal thing, but it didn't work for me at all. I did think that the story was good and enjoyable, and it was definitely a quick read. I had no problems getting into the story and I thought it was definitely a good way to entertain myself for a few hours. I would love to get to know some of the other guys from the band a bit better after reading this one, and I hope that maybe we will see more of them in the future. I did really enjoy getting to know Saxon though, and he was one of the highlights of this book. If you are looking for a sweet story with some steam to it and some hot rockstars, you might give this one a shot.

**ARC Provided by IndieSage Promo**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment