in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: I Stand Before You by S.R. Grey


I Stand Before You is my first S.R. Grey book, and it was fabulous! I loved the characters and the writing. I was sucked in right from the start and didn't want to put this one down at all, regardless of the many things I needed to do. I actually couldn't put it down, and kept reading until I had devoured every last word! I loved everything about this book, and I am dying to not only read the next book in this series but more from S.R. Grey in general.

Chase is known as the tattooed bad guy, and his reputation is well deserved. He was into drinking and drugs, and women before getting arrested and sent to prison. Four years later after being released, Chase gets a job at a local church as a handy man and begins to do work to the church and school. He attends mass on Sundays, but always sits in the back and pretends not to notice everyone staring at him and judging him. The pretty girl in the front draws his attention, but he knows that she is way better than he deserves. One day they literally run into each other, and they start to talk. Her name is Kay and she is a teacher at the school and has taken a job at the church for the summer. They agree to meet up the next day so she can give him a tour of the school, and their friendship begins from there. These two are broken and have painful pasts, but they find comfort in each other. As they get to know each other, they find that they are able to be open with one another and feel a connection stronger than any they have felt before. Soon they are not only friends, but have developed feelings for each other and give in to their passion. Everything is going well for Chase and Kay until their pasts threaten everything that they have built. Can they find a way to lean on each other and deal with things together, or will it be too much for them to overcome?

I really liked Chase and Kay. They were both damaged and were left all by themselves. Chase's story literally broke my heart, and I felt so bad for everything that he had been through. I don't support drug use at all, but it was not hard to see what had caused Chase to turn to them for an escape. But I liked that he was open and honest about everything that had happened, and he didn't try to make excuses. He owned up to his actions, and was committed to trying to have a better future for himself. He was so sweet and thoughtful with Kay. I also loved how great he was with his little brother Will, and that he never gave up on trying to make things better between them. Kay was strong but felt a lot of guilt for something that wasn't her fault at all. Her story was just as heartbreaking as Chase's but in a completely different way. She never gave up though, and she was determined to not forget her little sister. I thought that Chase and Kay were great together and they were perfect for each other. Their connection was so real to me, and I have to say their relationship was one of the strongest that I have ever read about. These two are absolutely made for each other, and they had everything. They were hot and steamy together with a ton of chemistry, but they also have such an undeniable emotional connection and they support each other through everything.

This book was really one of the best books I have read in a long time! I loved every second of it, and S.R. Grey's writing style is one that I just got lost in. I know these two characters still have a long road ahead of them, but I know that they have to end up together and happy because there just isn't another option. I will admit that this book being the first in the series does end leaving you wanting more, but there isn't a huge cliffhanger. I am interested to see where Grey takes these characters next, and also what she has in store for Chase's brother Will. I can't wait to read the next one and get more! I highly recommend this book to all fans of romance. These characters are younger and their age is definitely in the NA range, but I think their story is worth the read and that all readers can find something in them to relate to. This is one that I will definitely be reading again in the future, and is a must read to me.

**Copy Provided by AToMR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment