in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

ARC Review: Devoted to Him by Sofia Tate


Devoted to Him is the sequel to Breathless for Him by Sofia Tate. When I first read the blurb for this one I knew I wanted to read it. At the time I had no idea that there was a previous book though, so I went into this one not having read the start of Allegra and Davison's relationship. While I understood this one completely and had no problems following the story, I have to say that I really want to go back and read the first book after finishing this one. I enjoyed this book a lot and I really liked the characters.

Allegra Orsini and Davison Berkeley almost lost each other two months ago, but they are stronger than ever now. When Allegra gets an offer to study under one of the most famous opera singers in the world, she knows that she can't turn the offer down even if it means being away from Davison for a month. But when Davison starts hiding things from her and pulling away, she begins to wonder if they can make it through the distance between them. Davison will do anything to protect Allegra, even if that means keeping secrets from the only woman he loves. When Allegra starts to realize that there might be more going on than she thought, she will do anything to show Davison that he can trust her. Can Davison and Allegra find a way to get through the obstacles in their way, or will the secrets tear them apart?

I really liked Davision and Allegra. These two were exactly what the name of the novel implied, one hundred percent devoted to one another. It was so refreshing to see a couple so dedicated and unrelenting in their love and feelings for one another. Despite everything going on, these two never wavereda bit and I absolutely loved that. Allegra was strong and talented, and I really liked that she was so determined to have everything she wanted. Davison was willing to give her anything she wanted, and yet she was determined to have him and her dream career. Davison was an amazing hero. He was so in love with Allegra and would do anything for her. While he insisted on looking out for her and protecting her constantly, he was also her biggest fan and supporter. I loved seeing the encouragement between these two and could really feel the connection that they shared. These two were beyond just connected emotionally though, and they were downright hot together. The chemistry between these two was off the charts and they generated a ton of steam!

Overall, I thought that this was a great story. I loved the characters and their relationship. I thought that the writing was great, and I really lost myself in the story. I didn't want to put this one down at all. I honestly can't wait to go back and read the start of their relationship to see how they got to where they were in Devoted to Him. Besides just loving Allegra and Davison though, I really liked the secondary characters, and found them to be just as interesting. If I have any criticisms at all it would be that while I love seeing the sexy and steamy side of a couple, I did feel as though that was a lot of this book. It seemed like these two were always being physical, and it did get a bit repetitive at times. But honestly the story was really good, and I didn't mind all that much. I look forward to reading more from Sofia Tate in the future, and can't wait to read Breathless for Him.

**ARC Provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment