in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 31, 2015

Review: Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post


I was given a copy of Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post as part of the judging process for the National Excellence of Romance Fiction Award contest for the Erotica Category. This book was my first by Lexi Post, and I was looking forward to reading about some sexy cowboys. I have to say though that this wasn't what I was expecting at all, and I wouldn't actually classify this as an Erotic read at all. If I was going to pick a genre for this it would be Contemporary or Western with a few sexy scenes thrown in. 

When former professional poker player Kendra Lowe decides to open a new nudist resort, the problems seem to come one after the other. Kendra will do whatever it takes to make her dream happen though with the help of her group of misfit employees. When her fourth stable manager shows up, Kendra is only concerned with if he can get the job done in enough time to make the opening. But Kendra finds herself drawn to Wade Johnson though she knows that it's best for her to ignore the distraction that he is. But when a series of unfortunate events begin and threaten the resort, Kendra and Wade will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of who is behind it. But can they also figure out what is going on between them and find a way to make it work, or will whoever is behind the events find a way to keep Wade and Kendra apart as well?

I had a very tough time connecting with these characters. It wasn't that they were unlikable or that there was anything wrong with them, but I just didn't ever feel invested in their story. I didn't really care what would happen to them, and I just couldn't relate to them. As much as I wanted to like Kendra and Wade, there didn't seem to be much depth to either of them and I just didn't understand them. They did have their hot moments together which I enjoyed, but otherwise I just didn't really feel anything for them as individuals or a couple. 

I also felt like there was so much going on here with all the different characters, and the focus was more on the resort and the issues surrounding it. I think that is part of what made it hard to ever really get behind Wade and Kendra as a couple. I felt like the focus wasn't on them, so I didn't really care what happened to them. Because of everything going on, my mind would wander and I found myself bored and losing interest. I wanted to skim just to find out what would happen in the end, rather than actually enjoying the entire story. For me this wasn't what I had thought it was going to be going in, and with everything going on, the characters and the few sexy scenes this one just didn't work for me. Unfortunately this one was a miss, but if you are looking for a western with a group of misfits and a side of romance this one might be one you want to check out.

**Review Copy Provided by NERFA**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment