New York Times bestselling author Anne Elizabeth is an award-winning romance author and comic creator. With a BS in business and MS in communications from Boston University, she is a regular presenter at conventions as well as a member of The Author’s Guild and Romance Writers of America. Anne lives with her husband, a retired Navy SEAL, in the mountains above San Diego.
What Makes a Hero with Anne Elizabeth
In my opinion, a hero is honorable and never, ever gives up. Motivated by justice and fueled by belief, a hero’s faith might be shaken but cannot be broken. This willingness to sacrifice and to put someone else first is my definition of a hero. What is yours?
The US Navy SEALs have a SEAL Ethos. This is a covenant defining action, motivation, and belief. Declan, the hero of A SEAL FOREVER, has designed his life around the Ethos and self-sacrifice is as simple as breathing to him. He’d rather by the hero in the background, one who is not recognized, as he performs his duty to mankind and country. Among his most vital values would be the following:
- Courage – Bravery is among the highest of goals. When you’re staring death down…sometimes you need to make a fist and punch the fear, or the bad guy, right where it hurts. Doing small courageous acts every day makes it easier to face the bigger issues.
- Loyalty – Being loyal is a given. Without it, how do you point the barometer of your life?
- Humbleness – Being humble allows an individual to grow. Declan has a million things he wants to learn before he dies. The other side of the humbleness coin is ego, and very little learning and growth takes place when you have to chip through all of that.
- Kindness – It takes only a moment to be cruel or kind, and Declan would rather promote kindness. It matters what you’re putting out there.
- Integrity – Being a person of your word, because having your promise and oath count matters.
The number one way to incorporate these values into everyday life is to take small steps. Chunk it. Break down the tasks you want to do, and chip away at them a piece at a time. You will find your own actions to be empowering, and that you are showing a loyalty, humbleness, and kindness to yourself. In the long run, by being true to yourself you will be helping others. It is easier to give when your heart is overflowing with bounty.
Even a hero needs someone to believe in him...
Parkour instructor Maura Maxwell has always denied her attraction for her bachelor neighbor because she’s seen his revolving door of women and doesn’t want to become another notch on his belt. But the man who rescues her from a sudden storm isn’t the one she thinks she knows—he’s Master Chief Declan Swifton of SEAL Team Five, and he literally sweeps Maura off her feet.
Just as his teasing and tenderness start to work their way into Maura’s heart, Declan and his team are called in for a dangerous op in the Middle East. The man who returns is facing the toughest fight of his life, and he needs Maura by his side more than ever…
Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |
Check out the West Coast Navy SEALs series:
Check out what's up for grabs.
Up For Grabs:
- 5 Print copies of A SEAL at Heart
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form.
Special thanks to Sourcebooks Casablanca for sponsoring this tour-wide giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway